jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Hub Traffic Stats

1. MyMastiffPuppies profile image74
    MyMastiffPuppiesposted 6 years ago

I wish there was a way to determine on the traffic stats which clicks were me so I could figure out my real stats. If there is a way can someone please explain how. Thanks!

1. livewithrichard profile image83
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Link your account with Google analytics then apply a -1% to account for your own incidental page views.

MyMastiffPuppiesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

livewithrichard,

thanks, that is a really good idea. I had not thought about adding Google analytics. I realize it will not be as relevant once the traffic gets to a certain point but when you are just getting started it can really help. thanks again

2. thisisoli profile image56
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

if your traffic stats are low enough that your own vies make a big difference then they are probably too low to really worry about anyway.  Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it simply means that you need to spend more time promoting.

When you say lcicks, I hope you are not talking about clciking on your adverts, if you click your own adsense ads you will be banned and lose all current earnings.

thanks thisissoli for the info and no that does not sound harsh. I am new to HP but not to online marketing so I do know about the adsense clicks. I was mainly talking about the traffic to your hubs. I realize it will take time to build up the number of visitors, it was just a  thought.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

In Google Analytics, you can use the Filter Manager to filter out traffic from your IP address--assuming it's a static IP address. If you don't know your IP address, go to whatismyip.com

Irohner,

I have Goggle Analytics up and running! I realize it may not be that important right now but hopefully my traffic will grow enough to matter. Thanks for all the tips everyone!

3. mega1 profile image78
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I know people keep saying their views on their on hubs and profile count on their stats - but mine don't count on mine - I've checked it out numerous times.  So I don't know why this is. . .

working