jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Hubbing Families

1. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

At various times I've noticed several Hubbers mention family members who are also Hubbers: a mother-daughter, husband-wife, father-daughter, and maybe other combos.

Some of my family members are now interested in hubbing, including one who is just old enough to have his own HP account.  I've wondered how likely it is that he would be approved for an Adsense account.  My hunch would be that it's not highly likely, but I realize I'm just guessing.

Still, I wonder how others have taken care of getting younger Hubbers started.  Do you just let them try for their own Adsense account from the start?  Publish their articles under your HP account and pay them yourself?  Would it be permitted for them to have their own HP account, but for it to be linked to the parent's Adsense account?  This last seems to me like it might be a major no-no, but I'm still just guessing.  Any/all help and suggestions will be appreciated.

1. brettb profile image69
      brettbposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My brother is now on here. He has 9 Hubs now.

He applied for adsense and got the account the same day, and he doesn't even have a website.

2. rmcrayne profile image95
    rmcrayneposted 6 years ago

I know one pair of husband/wife hubbers who said they could not get separate AdSense accounts. 

I wrote HubPages staff to ask this question.  My (adult) brother lives in my household and therefore has the same computer access and IP address.  HP said he can establish his own HP account and AdSense account.  We haven't tested it yet though.

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

To cover your bases:

If you share a household with another potential adsense user it would be best to go to a local coffee house or library or friend when signing up for the account  (so the ip logged is distinct) and use an alternate mailing address if possible.

You can receive direct deposit so the mailing address is of little concern other than the pin that is sent once.

There are a lot of stories in adsense and in paypal/ebay where sharing a residence or IP has effected roommates and even future tenants! after suspected fraud/TOS violations.

4. Aficionada profile image93

Thanks so much for the ideas and advice!  We'll get started on this.  I like the idea of going to the library.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I would suggest they get their own Adsense Account, but search through adsense terms of service to see if there are any limitations on adsense accounts per address.

6. 0
    pinkyleeposted 6 years ago

my mama got me and my boyfriend started on hubbing

7. Timmy(B) profile image60
    Timmy(B)posted 6 years ago

My brother got me started hubbing and my adsense account took one hour to be approved so let them get their own. I didn't even have my own website or had written a hub. You can link users on google analytics to see how they are doing and give a few pointers.

8. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I thought you weren't allowed more than one adsense account to the SAME ADDRESS.

9. Aficionada profile image93

It took me a little while to research, but I did find some answers - specifically to IzzyM's comment.

In the Google AdSense Help section, I found questions by a couple of different people who were one of two different parent-child pairs in which both family members had the same name and same (street) address!  Both of the questioners had trouble setting up their accounts, but they actually were finally approved by Google.

In the course of the comments, one frequent contributor mentioned that in some countries only one adsense account per mailing address is allowed.  That is not true in the US.  (Sorry, IzzyM - not that you necessarily wanted one, although I don't know that for sure.)

10. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Me? I couldn't care less. There is no-one else at my address that can write (in English anyway).
    No it was just an impression I got from reading threads on here over time, but thanks for going and looking it up. It could be important to some people.