jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What do you think of my hubs??

1. Angier profile image72
    Angierposted 6 years ago

Hey guys,

relatively new to hubpages and have written my first set of hubs. I am very curious to see what people think of them in terms of layout, content etc

I put this questions to experienced hubbers - is there anywhere where you think i can improve with these hubs??

for example

Thanks guys!!

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

You can only post self promoting hub links in the Extreme Hub Makeover forum...

Nothing major jumps out at me... You could swing your top photos down beside the text capsule so your adsense adverts are immediately top right... they are more likely to be clicked there.

Do you do keyword research?

3. Angier profile image72
    Angierposted 6 years ago

I will remember that for next time smile

I have been a little bit.

Do you think that this topic is representative of good research??

4. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Well for a start:

Green Revolution gets 33,100 hits a month. A lot of pages on the front page might be stiff competition for you to rank. It would require a reasonable amount of promotion.

New green revolution gets 73 hits a month. So there's not a lot of point in trying to rank well for this one.

It's best to aim for about 5000 hits a month keywords and make sure that there isn't a lot of competition. Try going for something unique like "1982 sedan cars" instead of just "cars" or "Sedan cars".

5. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Angier--What WryLilt said. Also, think of your first sentence as the first impression a reader gets of you, and your first sentence has a spelling error and grammatical error in it. And you assume in that sentence that someone has read the "first one," when in reality they probably haven't. But if you want them to read it, at least hyperlink it when you refer to it.

WryLilt--This may be a bit picky, but a "hit" is not a search, visit, visitor or pageview. A "hit" is a file retrieved from a server. I only say that because a lot of folks with a blog/website who just use their hosting company's stats see millions of "hits" and get all excited thinking that they're getting all of this traffic when in reality they've only gotten a small fraction of that in visits.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is an important point.

Newbies often assume that readers are going to see their Hubs as a body of work and read them as a group, whereas in reality, they're likely to arrive from a search engine at ONE Hub, not necessarily in the right order. 

So it's very important to write each Hub as a standalone, even if it's part of a series.

6. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

According to Market Samurai (Ryan was talking about just this program on another thread), the keywords "green revolution" gets 4,438 searches PER DAY. There are 1,500,000 pages already written about it, and the first 5 in google are PR 5 and above.
    In other words, it's too hard to aim for. The #1 spot in google could potentially earn over $2,000 a day.

Angier, I had a look at your hub. Very well laid out, with plenty of words (which google likes). Best of luck with it, but don't hold your breathe because the competition is huge smile