i need someone

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (55 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

hi,
         i don't know how many of you remember me talking about my sister with lupus but i need all of your positive thoughts and prayers right now. i just got a call, my sister has been moved into icu and is in a comma the doctors are saying that she can go either way. either she'll pull through or...
    i can't get up there until the morning, if this is the end for her i hope i get to say goodbye. the world is so unfair, she has a 5 year old daughter, why is she dying instead of me, i don't have any kids. i would give anything to trade places with her.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 13 years agoin reply to this

omg, that's terrible lecie. im sorry to hear this is happening to you. i hope things work out okay....

1. profile image0
        Lecieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

thanks steven, i need someone to talk to because the more i just sit here the more i cry.

1. profile image0

no problem lecie. besides, what are friends for?  i hope you do get to see her tonite.  it's a shame i don't live close to you and have a car. otherwise i'd offer to give you a ride up there.

1. profile image0

awww, i know you would steven, thanks the good thoughts are what count right now. since talking on here i'm not crying so hard. i just need to talk to someone and i don't have anyone here besides my cat. my cat is asleep so there goes my luck with her. i really appreciate everyone on hp for being here for me. you are all so wonderful. oh no, i'm crying again. well enough of that.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
              prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

you can get a pen and try to write something, just cry so you can let the tears roll, it helps and go near your cat

1. profile image0

a few days ago my mom called to tell me that my sister was back in the hospital but it looked like one of her routine visits with the lupus. i sat down and wrote a poem in case it wasn't a routine visit. i put it on my page, i know i'm not supposed to mention my hubs but i just want everyone to know how special my sister is to me. i mean if she dies i'll be losing one of my best friends. i've been crying on and off ever since she went in. i guess i just had this feeling that this was not a routine visit.

did she read it? I'll go and read it, I thought you posted it here,

1. profile image0

i haven't had a chance to talk to her since i wrote it. it's just the pain i'm feeling at the thought of losing her. i will make sure to take it with me tomorrow. hopefully it's just what she needs to pull through.

2. profile image0

yeah i agree with that.  besides, you shouldn't hold back your emotions if you feel like crying.  trust me.  i've done that my whole life. now, i often feel like im dead inside all the time.  therefore, you shouldn't hold back if you feel the need to cry.

Hi Steven, good afternoon

1. profile image0

hi, hows it going pretty darkhorse?  long time no see.

2. profile image0

right now i just need to talk to someone and you all are doing a wonderful job listening. i'm trying not to cry too much because i'm afraid that i may lose my hope with the tears. i know that sounds silly but i'd just rather talk for now and cry when i know there's no hope left.

1. profile image0

im glad to hear you haven't lost hope yet then. im sure things will be okay.  just try not to lose hope, as anything can happen at this point.  are you going to be okay?

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63

you're such a loving soul, I have a sister too so I can feel for you! If anything comes to worst, I know she will be happy knowing, her daughter have an aunt who cares,

All my prayers so she can pull through, HUGS my dear!

1. profile image0

thanks,  i just wish i could get up there tonight i just can't stand sitting here waiting for a ride and visiting hours. i'm going crazy with worry that i might not get to say goodbye.

Oh, just sit tight and bow your head, I know that the minutes are ticking like crazy for you, I still pray that you can be with her soonest!

1. profile image0

thanks so much for being here when i need someone.

3. Ben Evans profile image63
      Ben Evansposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lecie,

I haven't had a chance to meet you but I would like to say I hope that everything goes well for your sister.  While it has been awhile ago my dad died and I still think about it.  I know it is hard.

I just hope that your sister does well.

Best wishes

Ben

1. profile image0

thanks so much for your kind words it means a lot right now and i'm sorry you lost your father. i hate when we have to lose someone. especially when it seems like they have so much more to live for.

4. listen-obey profile image61
      listen-obeyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi
      Even though I do not know you I am sorry to hear about your sister. It made me think about my twin sister who died along time ago.  If you can not get to the hospital say a prayer for her.  Be the best aunt you can be to your niece because she needs you now and will need you in the future. May God bless you and I am continuing to pray for you and your sister

5. profile image57
      Consuliaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hello, and in moments like these words do seem so useless. Unless we can
      draw on the faithfulness and promises made to us by Our Lord-Jesus. In the
      name of Jesus there is Power to Heal, comfort and the unimaginable miraculous that often surpasses what we can conceive. I have had His healing intervention in several occasions. I was hit by a car, and the Power
      in the name of Jesus healed me. Even when I wanted to sue the driver, The
      Lord, refused to allow me to do that because He wanted to prove to me that
      He is the source of my needs. the Lord is Our Shepherd. My admiration is
      for you and your selfless love for your sister. Prayers will be made and God's
      will, will be done. Read Psalm 67. Ask for healing for your loved one. He is
      wiser than our thinking. -consulia

6. kitieve profile image58
      kitieveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is the first time I go to this forum,I am very sorry to hear about such news.You can do nothing but spending more time with her and tell her you will do your best to look after her daughter.Let her go peacefully without pity.

2. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 13 years ago

Lecie, I am so sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Wendi

1. profile image0

thanks so much we really need them.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

Hi Lecie...i wish your family well...i'm sure it'll feel sooooooooooo good to see your sis tomorrow!...it's hard when you can't see her....tomorrow is just around the corner.....

1. profile image0

yes i just hope she holds on that long. thanks for the positive thoughts though.

4. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 13 years ago

hey lecie, i just read your poem you wrote, and i think it's very beautiful.  you should definitely print it up and give it your sister as a present when you see her tommorrow.  i bet that would brighten her up.

5. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 13 years ago

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa156/VickiLynn2009/Quotes%20and%20Sayings/strength.jpg

My thoughts and heart are with you Lecie. All us guys are right behind you.

1. HEATHERH91 profile image60
      HEATHERH91posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm praying for you and your sister.

6. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 13 years ago

My prayers go out to you and your sister Lecie. Hope you will get to see her. I know how it feels to not be able to see a loved one before he / she dies. My father died so suddenly, we didn't have time to say goodbye to him. He died in the middle of the night with no family beside him. That was 3 years ago, until now I feel sad to know that we weren't there when he needed us.

1. sofs profile image76
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My prayers for your sister Lecie , for you and for your little niece. I haven't  met you but I know this is a difficult time and God is with you.  I pray that you could just meet her and express all that's is in your heart.  I will continue to pray.

7. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Loving thoughts and prayers are with all of your family, including your sister's family, during this difficult time.

8. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

hey everyone, we still need your prayers. my sister is still unresponsive. the doctors told us what caused her comma. when her lupus attacked her liver causing it to fail the doctors put her on medications to strengthen her liver. but since the liver is what filters the medication through our bodies and hers was not working right, the medication went straight to her brain inducing this period of unresponsiveness as the doctors call it or a comma as we call it. according to the doctors she will wake up as soon as the medications wear off. let's hope they're right and that there will not be any brain damage. thank you all so much for your support and i will try to keep you updated.

9. Aficionada profile image80
    Aficionadaposted 13 years ago

Thanks for the update, Lecie.  Sending hugs your way. {{{ }}}

10. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Lupus is a horrible disease, and you're right, life is very unfair. But I'll bet your sister would want you to live on and live the best life you can, even if she can't. You know what she would say to you. It's obvious that you love each other. And as you say, she could actually rally. It has happened before.

I'm so sorry this is happening. Sending all kindest and best thoughts to you and your family.

11. worldgrandeur profile image58
    worldgrandeurposted 13 years ago

I'm so terribly sorry for you dear!!!! This is so so so sad. I really wish her a quick recovery and what she needs now is just a pure prayer.

12. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

i just received another update about my sister. the doctor's tried to give her some kind of medication to wake her up. well not only did she not wake up but she is much worse. now not only is her liver still failing but her kidneys are too. she can't breath very good on her own any more either so the doctors had to insert a trachea tube. she just keeps slipping farther towards death every hour. the doctors claim to be doing what they can to bring her out of this, but it seems they are just making things worse at every turn.they have actually made a few mistakes along the way here. it's not just that i'm looking for someone to blame. they are even lying to us when ever they can. so my mom will be looking for an attorney should my sister not pull through. things just aren't looking good at all. i just keep wishing that i could trade places with her so that she can raise her little girl. we are all so worried about how she's going to take it if her mom dies. she's only 5 so we're not sure if she even understands any of this. sure she understands that mommy is sick and that's why she can't come home but what do we tell her if her mom dies? she thinks the doctors are making mommy better so if they fail will she then hate or fear doctors? we all just keep going over all of this in our minds. not to mention that none of us can afford to bury her. we don't even really know where she wants to be buried. we need her to wake up at least for a little while so we can ask her questions like that.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How old is your sister? You should be there with her. Your positive energy might help, your presence might help, you should be there!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63

Hi lecie, thanks for your updates. I wish she can wake up a bit and tell her last wishes, I know that it is difficult for your family right now, but about lawyers etc, think about it afterwards. I think that your niece is the most important person right now.

My prayers are with you and your family.

3. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I know this may be very difficult for you to do, but if you can just get to a place where everything is still and be with the stillness, you'll know what your sister's wishes would be. It will come to you. You'll feel clear and at peace about it.

Personally, when I was a child, I was told a lot of things that weren't true, and it only brought more pain and suffering to me. As a child I just wanted to know the truth, and to have help in understanding what it meant, and knowing I didn't have to get through it alone. That's how I've raised my own kids, by telling them the truth, even when it's painful, and then helping them get through it. It causes a lot less long-term suffering, I believe.

I'm so sorry your family is going through this.

4. profile image0

omg lecie.  that's terrible.  here, i was hoping things would've gotten better since the last time i saw you.  however, it seems things have taken a turn for the worse.  i hope your sister is able to pull through.  if not, i would probably try to keep as accurate paperwork over everything that goes on at the hospital, as you'll probably need it for your case if your family should decide to sue the hospital. anyways, i hope things work out for the best.

13. Richard Craig profile image59
    Richard Craigposted 13 years ago

I'm sorry to hear the news.  Just keep strong, it will help you, your sister and her daughter.  I;m sure she knows you love her.

14. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

i just got another call from my mom, my sister is dying right now. all of her major organs have shut down i need to be there but i don't have a ride i cant afford cab fare to take me all the way there so im stuck unable to get 2 my dying sister and my mom. i hate this place so much i hate everything on earth iwould give anything right now to trade places with her you guys have beeen great. as i sit here alone unable to do anything or be there tears streaming down i have no one here with me to hug or hold on to my cat is here but shes never seen me cry before and she takes off hiding when i go near her. i just   don't know what2 do

1. profile image0

its okay lecie.  it doesn't sound like there's much you can do right now.....  you shouldn't be so hard on yourself...

15. Richard Craig profile image59
    Richard Craigposted 13 years ago

I can only imagine what you are going through.  Keep your chin up and remember what ever happens, celebrate the good times, don't dwell on the bad.

16. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

i just got the call she died

17. heather4 profile image60
    heather4posted 13 years ago

IM SORRY TO HERE THAT DEATH IS NEVER EASY TO DEAL WITH AND EVEN MORE HARD TO UNDERSTAND WHY IT SEEMS LIKE THE GOOD ONES ALWAYS GO FIRST I LOST MY FATHER AND MY GRANDMOYHER 2MONTHS APART I STILL CANT GET OVER IT BUT IT DOSE GET BETTER YOU NEVER FOR GET THEM AND YOU WISH SOMETIMES YOU COULD JUST SEE THEM ONE MORE TIME BUT YOU CAN,T BEST WISHES TO YOU

18. profile image0
    Lecieposted 13 years ago

my sister was only 38 years old she had a great life to look forward to in raising her 5 year old daughter. right after her daughter was born my sister began experiencing health problems and was diagnosed with lupus. she had lupus in her blood to start with basically it just attacked her skin at first making her look like she had some kind of flesh eating disease and then it quickly turned in ward to all of her organs. her liver has failed more than twice along with her kidneys. she recovered every time except this one. i guess the lupus just wouldn't let go of her long enough this time. she got an infection from grant hospital(they're denying she got it there of course.) soon after she was sent to a nursing home to rebuild her muscles. then the lupus attacked again but because of the infection from grant hospital they couldn't treat her. so i blame grant hospital for her death. if she hadn't gotten an infection there she could've been treated a lot sooner which might have saved her life. i thank you all for your support my family is looking into what we can do about grant hospital, so hopefully we can get some kind of justice for my sister. the infection she got can only come from hospitals, nursing homes or public restrooms. as sick as my sister was she didn't visit any public restroom. the nursing home has proof that she had the infection before arriving there, so the place she was before that was grant hospital.

1. profile image0

omg, that's terrible.  im so sorry to hear about your loss lecie.  i think you should definitely seek legal action against the hospital, as it sounds like they really botched things up. if i were you, i'd start to put together all the medical documents you and your family has from all her medical history along with receipts and insurance claims she used, as that might help your case.  although i know it'll probably be an uphill battle, as most hospitals rarely don't claim liability over their actions.  i hope honestly that you're able to bring justice to your sister's death.  as it's not right for you to lose your sister, over their mistake...

1. profile image0

thank you for your support. i want to move on this claim right away but my family isn't even thinking about it. every time i try to mention that we should get to an attorney while there may still be evidence against the hospital my family just says they don't want to talk about it. i don't think they have any intention of going after the hospital and being that they are my ride i can't get to an attorney. so far every attorney i've called needs to see her records before even considering the case and i can't get anywhere to get them. so it seems like my sisters death will go unavenged. it's really starting to eat me up inside knowing the infection caused her to die and being unable to make the hospital own up to it and better clean their facilities there by preventing further cases like this.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)