jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

Traffic Surge!

1. brettb profile image71
    brettbposted 6 years ago

Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed a surge in traffic to their Hubs in the last week?

I wonder if Google has boosted HubPages (or demoted more junk articles and sites in its index) - I did hear a few internet marketing people moaning recently.

Alternatively I wonder if I'm just hitting the exponential growth phase for my articles?

Either way I'm very happy with my earnings here this month!

1. Megavitamin profile image86
      Megavitaminposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've had some very strange surges over the past few days.  I'm definitely not complaining, but I'm pretty shocked which hubs have been getting all the attention.  Enjoy your earnings :0)

2. profile image59
      paulartherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

1. seanorjohn profile image80
        seanorjohnposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

1. earnestshub profile image89
          earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

Even with my limited understanding, I strongly suspected spam.LOL

1. earnestshub profile image89
              earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep! Good to nip it in the bud. smile

3. nicregi profile image67
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi there.

yes i do noticed on it but earning wise, not so good still! Far from expectation!...

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What was your expectation?  In your first few weeks, most of your traffic is from other Hubbers and they don't click on ads.  You have to wait until you start getting search engine traffic, then you'll start seeing some income.  That could take a few more weeks.

2. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

Yep I noticed...

3. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 6 years ago

Brett, how big was this surge and did it come from google?

brettbposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My traffic seems to be climbing up the exponential wall. Keyword research is definately paying off, but existing hubs are getting a lot more visitors. I've gone from 300 to 800 page views a day in a very short time though.

Well done Brett hard work on keywords will always pay off. Where Are you backlinking.? And are you tweeting?

I never really backlink apart from betweeen my existing sites - I guess that's enough to get started with. My popular hubs get their own backlinks anyway. I tried tweeting but it seemed a waste of time.

4. liljen23 profile image79
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

Yes, I have definitely noticed especially for my school hubs.. I've been making revenue with adsense and amazon.. My views have also increased from 100 to 400 views per day.. Hooray for me but I know it will die down.. So I am off to write on more topics especially evergreen topics.. These will definitely bring in income for the long run..

Oh no I forgot the back to school niche!

One of my brother's hubs on a seasonal topic has got him huge amounts of traffic so he's really excited about that. I don't know how much the traffic will last but his Google Analytics stats say that traffic is up 1080%!

working