jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Trouble with Google indexing my hubs

1. radoslaw profile image58
    radoslawposted 9 years ago

I have a trouble with Google indexing my hubpages... It does index them but when i search for them on google, for example when I type "growing popularity espresso coffee" which is a title of one of my hubs i get the following result:

Growing Popularity of “ESPRESSO COFFEE" Comments

Along with the popularity of specialty coffee shops such as Starbucks and Caribou Coffee is an increased interest in espresso coffee. ...

hubpages.com/hub/Growing_Popularity_of_ESPRESSO_COFFEE?rss - 2k - 

The problem is this is not html and one cannot access my hub through this link...

How can I force google to index html pages of my hubs and not these rss feeds?

2. Logo LeeLee profile image60
    Logo LeeLeeposted 9 years ago

I noticed the same thing. I started my hub Friday, and today it was on page 1 of google. I was thrilled until i clicked on the link, and it didn't work or go to the page, I got the same ?rss thing on there too.
    I hope they fix this soon. This is a lot of fun.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

I'm keeping an eye on the situation.   My guess is that because the hubs are new google may not have figured out which of the two urls is more important, but that they will straighten it out shortly.

Getting a back link or two to the hub URL from an external site would probably speed that process along.

If the problem gets worse we can block the GoogleBot from indexing the rss urls altogether.  I believe that has the side effect of keeping the content out of blog and news search, which is why we'd prefer to avoid going that route.

4. sporsfanX profile image68
    sporsfanXposted 9 years ago

Was this issue fixed then?  I just tried one of my new hubs that got indexed in google with the rss feed link.  It went through to the hub page just fine.

5. 60
    mtsouthposted 9 years ago

Google indexing does seem to be an issue.  I had a hub showing in the search results for over a week and now it has disappeared from Google altogether.  Any idea how this would happen?

1. 60
      emyposted 9 years ago in reply to this

same here... I had a hub that consistently on first page, but now not indexed.

And I also have a hub which consistently is on first page, but now, still indexed, but falled away from google search results(i think now in 50+). Have fallen about the same position as my squidoo lens(somewhat similar lens)

1. Morgan Hamilton profile image61
        Morgan Hamiltonposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I'm seeing the exact same thing.

6. sporsfanX profile image68
    sporsfanXposted 9 years ago

You can drop out of google's index when your page is just getting indexed.  This is fairly common for a new page with only a few backlinks.  A new page is going to fluctuate wildly at first sometimes.

If your hub is on a fairly competitive search term, then sometimes you are going to fall down at times.  I have read that Google will juice up a new page to see how it performs.  If someone clicks on your link, but clicks back fairly quickly to keep searching, then google will look at that as a bad thing.

Generally, new page juice can last two weeks or so.  However, I haven't seen this new page juice affect me as much at Hubpages.  Possibly because its an established domain with plenty of traffic?

I have experienced this time and time again on my own websites.  I have had terms rank first page off the get, but then drop to positions from 40-120 after a couple weeks.  Then, I must get or wait for natural backlinks to get credited to the page to move up again.  This process to move back up to first page can take from 3-6 months generally (if you are getting solid backlinks).