jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

did i mess up?

1. 0
    thelastslaithposted 6 years ago

I wrote 17 pages a bit to fast (8days) and I intended to up date them as i went and improve them but today I looked and all of them have been marked as substandard I would like to know where and what ive done wrong. first could it be that ive just done it to fast? and since they have all been taken down does that mean that they are all crap or can i put the higher rated (over 60)ones back up? is there any help anyone can give to me? even if its just a lay out of the minimum standards for a hub please i was starting to enjoy it with getting more views each time and i didnt start to promote yet.

1. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wouldalso get in touch with Hubpages staff.  If they see several substandard hubs they will take down all your Hubs until you fix them, sometimes it is easier to ask the staff exactly what is wrong with your work so you can fix it though!

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

It probably just means that they were crap. e.g. too short, poorly written, irrelevant, or something similar. How long were they? How many words? This is an article site not a blog, and thats about as far as it goes.

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Ryankett is correct. You could also check out the official FAQs:

When some hubs are flagged as substandard, they all may be unpublished to give moderators time for a review. It doesn't necessarily mean they are all bad, but you would want to be careful not to try to republish any hubs before you are pretty sure they meet the standards.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I would just work hard on bringing them up to scratch. It is against Hubpages Terms of Service to publish unfinished articles.

5. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

If i not mistaken, even if there is an empty slot (like you put text and nothing inside), it is also considered substandard.

The best thing i think is now, you start from scratch and try to write at least one hub a day. At the same time, making sure there is like 400 words in each hubs.

Good luck!

6. 0
    thelastslaithposted 6 years ago

thanks everyone that does help

1. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. Feel free to ask if you need any assistance.

We would be glad to help! smile