jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Written 6 Hubs and need some feedback

1. TeresaAnnette profile image59
    TeresaAnnetteposted 6 years ago

I have been on here for just over a year and published 6 hubs.
    Right now, I would really appreciate any feedback, advice or insight about my hubs.  Thanks so much.
    Teresa Annette

1. nicregi profile image66
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi TeresaAnnette.

From what I see, you could use a little bit of those text, photos, videos and links to the most use. Slot in a couple of photos between the lines to make them more interesting.

At the same time, Another good method is trying to publish longer hubs as I heard people say it will tend to do better in Search Engine.

At the bottom, you could put a couple of links to interlink your other hubs.

Hope this helps smile

1. TeresaAnnette profile image59
        TeresaAnnetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot. I will try to do some of those things.

2. JY3502 profile image80
      JY3502posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree about breaking the story up into more capsules and adding photos and links.  However, I don't feel the article is too short.  You said what you wanted to say.  Brevity is the sign of a good journalist.  I am an experienced news reporter and know this to be fact.  Always proofread.  Once when you are finished.  Then let it sit, take a break and come back to it later.  Then proofread again.  You'll be surprised how many errors you missed.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

As nicregi says, your Hubs are on the short side, and are mostly just one photo and a lump of text.

Split your text up over several text capsules and consider adding some headings.  Here's a Hub on how to use capsules: 

Darkside's other Hubs on How to Hub are worth reading, too.

You could also add some more photos:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Use-Flic … -Your-Hubs

3. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 6 years ago

I only looked at one of TeresaAnnette's Hubs, and I felt that that particular one was not too short.  But I would like to remind JY3502 that the "rules" for print journalism and for internet writing are not identical. 

It's true that good writers should not waste words.  But at the same time, the HubPages staff has learned through experience and study that there is an optimal size a Hub should be, in order for it to succeed. 

In addition, Marisa Wright is one of the most experienced, successful, and helpful Hubbers in this community.  I think most of us would take whatever she says about Hubbing as gospel - unless she herself came back at a later time to correct or revise one of her previous statements.  And nicregi, even from the beginning of his comparatively short time here, has offered good insights into Hubbing.  He is worth listening to, even though he is still learning the ropes on this site.

(PS, JY:  don't forget to proofread your own Hubs.  A spell-checker would catch some of the goofs that you missed. wink)

4. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

Definately agree with the others just read the one on stress-you have obviously some prior knowledge of this topic and should have written twice as much to keep your reader interested. One thing that stuck out for me was the quotation marks " " there did seem a lot of them. Writing in the third person sometimes helps.