jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

one possible reason why ePn is so screwy

1. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

http://www.shoemoney.com/2010/08/04/sha … i-charges/

Shawn Hogan (digital point) was supposedly involved in a cookie stuffing mega scheme .. here is his side to the story - which paints an interesting picture about ebay internal ops

2. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 6 years ago

SO approving only those with own sites and various other "quality" parameters is only a newly found zeal?

They have removed a few affiliates recently too. One of our fellow hubbers suffered quite a bit.

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

yep..those measures are new to the in house aff program and apparently new management of ebay overall.

The own your own site measure is a valid response to the cookie stuffing/spamming that ebay affs were using in the past.

By making one own and validate your sites that you use the ePn program on ...they can be sure that they are only paying for traffic that you drove...rather than random traffic that trickled in after having a cookie stuffed in a forum post or some misleading/mislabeled link jammed somewhere.

4. Fiction Teller profile image60
    Fiction Tellerposted 6 years ago

Holy cow.

5. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

Now THAT was an interesting read, although I have to say his (Shawn's) story leaks a lot of water. It also, as Sunforged mentioned, goes a long way in explaining their new affiliate policies.

6. 59
    tommyjposted 6 years ago

Huh. Very interesting read, thanks for posting.

7. ns1209 profile image36
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

Very interesting. Probably is mostly true but I don't believe he wanted to quit - he got too greedy!

8. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Ummmm, he got half of that right. Ebay has always been a greedy, traffic hogging site, which is why I never promote them. I wish that site would burn and crash myself.

However he admits that he KNEW what he was doing was wrong, even doing extra things nobody else was doing that was black hat crap.

There also was no way a guy making millions from them wanted to just stop and walk away. If he wanted to he could have at any time, they were not holding a gun to his head.

So I shed no tears for him or for Ebay, sounds like one greedy SOB reaming another one.