jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Initial Hubscore

1. Kyriana profile image80
    Kyrianaposted 6 years ago

I have looked for an answer to this question so I wouldn't be duplicating a question but I couldn't find it.

All of my hubs start with a score of 50. I even looked at the preview before adding content and it was 50... just based on a title only.

I've tried writing longer hubs, adding polls, videos, changing the way pictures appear, added a map to one, moved the picture off the first text box to allow google more room, pix with thumbnails or slide show, adding pix in different places, writing on an obscure topic, writing on a current event, etc and the score is 50 initially no matter what I try.

It then has to climb up, which takes time (especially since it is no follow until it hits 75)

Is there anything I can do to increse my initial hubscore? Constructive criticism gratefully accepted!

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The initial score of 50 is by default. Cagsil recently suggested leaving a hub unpublished for a week or so to allow it to saturate. Other than that, I think there is not so much you can do prior to publication.

Kyrianaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for the answer. That makes sense. I was going to start crossing my fingers when I hit the publish button soon.. ha ha

3. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

Let your hubs sit for awhile unpublished.  The scores will rise.  When you are comfortable with the score then hit the publish.  I write my hubs inside the HP platform, by the time I am done with the hub the score rises dramatically.

I think it is the hubber score that causes the no follow, not the hubs score itself.   So at a hubberscore of 95 you should be fine.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I believe that individual hubs below 40 are no follow. Author score falls below 75, and all hubs become no follow.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image90
        Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You might be right. I do not have hubs scored that low nor do I link to other sites very much.

2. Kyriana profile image80

@Arthur Thanks for the idea. I might try that on some that aren't timely and see what happens.
        @Website Examiner More great news, thanks again!

4. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

Don't worry too much about the initial score... it will go up as long as you have enough capsules etc...

Just keep your hubber score 75++

Thanks LeanMan, I'm just starting to get comfortable enough to take some chances in moving things around. I have started adding a second photo capsule rather than grouping and things like that.

5. Dale Mazurek profile image57
    Dale Mazurekposted 6 years ago

As long as my scores stay above what they need to be I dont even worry.

I just keep writing and keep publishing.  Eventually the hubs go up enough.

It really is something that is out of your control other then writing good hubs and moving forward.

Dale

Thanks Dale,

I know you're right but with just getting started, I'm focusing on numbers. I need to take your advice and I will try to focus on writing instead and let the numbers take care of themselves. I really do enjoy writing so I need to just go with that,

working