jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Mass Ping

1. BaseBallHubber profile image60
    BaseBallHubberposted 6 years ago

Has anyone heard of or use this site?

http://www.pingdevice.com/

I'm just looking for others opinions before using.

Thanks!

1. thisisoli profile image56
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Never heard of it.  Pinging is only useful on sites which are not getting indexed regularly.  Personally I check googles crawlrate of my sites before even bothering to go on any mass pinging campaign.  In wordpress I set and forget a few extra pinging services with it's inbuilt ping function.

However since most of my sites have several hundred/thousand pages crawled a day by Google, I see pinging as a waste of time in most cases.

Despite that I still took the job to write the user guide for Pingler tongue

BaseBallHubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks! OKay, but doesn't pinging generate a few backlinks to? I mean their is an RSS feed submitter. is this not generating about 30 backlinks every time i ping?

RSS sites are different to pinging sites. An RSS feed submitter 'can' get you backlinks, however it is important to note that many sites display RSS feeds in Javascript or as no follow links.

I personally have a pretty decent automated RSS network set up which requires no pinging, but distributes my RSS feed across a variety of sites.

Once you have submitted an RSS feed to a website it is normally automatically refreshed at least once a day anyway, in most cases hourly.

BaseBallHubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Alright, thanks.. So pinging is useless for backlinks? Cause after finding how to ping I deleted all my social Bokmarking sites lol. I thought pinging was the next best thing.

My strategy for promoting was to simply..

-twitter
            -facebook
            -forum
            -my personal blog
            -pinging

Is this not very smart?

Contact me via email and I will give you a few ways to gain backlinks, you might also want to read my hub on 'The Truth About Backlinks'

A ping is simply a notification telling a site that you have updated your own website. So if you ping Technorati it will display your latest post. However most ping services go to things like Google or Google blog search, so when you ping your blog it is merely telling a search engine to recrawl.

working