jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (27 posts)

New Here!

1. profile image60
    The Penposted 6 years ago

Hi all, a newbie here. I am a student from India and want to make some pocket money through Adsense. Hope hubpages will be a good experience for me.

1. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I recommend doing hubpages for fun, and not for the money. I think I've made about .08 cents in the last month. smile Good to have you around!

1. profile image60
        The Penposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oooh, thats disappointing. But we can surely make money if we do hard work, i think so.

2. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It takes a while. smile

2. David 470 profile image85
      David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can do it just be patient. It may take a few months to see consistent earning as long as you keep writing and they meet decent quality. Stay determined as I always try to...

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

Hi The Pen!...i'm from Canada...

yes...hope you make some money

1. profile image60

I read from the forums that it'll take some time here to make the first $$$, what's your thought?

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm not writing for that reason (making money)...i don't even include ads on my hubs...I turn them off...I think I have anyway....people write for a variety of reasons....so I can't offer any thoughts around it...others can.

2. elayne001 profile image50
        elayne001posted 6 years ago in reply to this

In a year, you might get your first check - if you are willing to work hard and be patient, but you better not quit your day job (if you have one).

3. Richard Craig profile image74
    Richard Craigposted 6 years ago

Hi & welcome.  You definitely chose the right site to join.  It only seems like yesterday that I was the 'newbie'... Happy days

1. profile image60

Thanx Richard.

4. profile image60
    The Penposted 6 years ago

Don't feel bad with my avatar, I am going to upload it. And how's my name? any comments?

1. Richard Craig profile image74
      Richard Craigposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It works for me

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Pen Or the pen welcome to HP I am a newbie here too ,  If you enjoy writing you will find this place fun... may be with some luck find some money too!! Good luck!!

5. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages smile

6. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

If you're here for the money you'll be disappointed, if you're here for the writing you'll like it just fine.

1. thisisoli profile image55
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can definitely make money here!

1. Flightkeeper profile image80
        Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I know that, but he shouldn't expect it right away.  It's the first thing he mentioned.

7. Pandoras Box profile image82
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

Welcome Pen. If your goal is to make money here, you certainly can. I think you're gonna like it here at HubPages!

8. habee profile image89
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Welcome to the gang!

9. Pandoras Box profile image82
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

It takes time to build up your pageviews. They say it can take up to ten months for the search index to fully index each page.

But I think what's more important is that if you desire it you take the time to learn it, and continue learning it, and putting in the effort to get there.

People always say just write what you know about, and frankly if you want to make money then generally speaking that isn't going to work so well, unless what you happen to know about just so happens to be a topic with high earning potential.

There's a difference between online writing and affiliate marketing. You can't do the former and expect the results of the latter.

If you're new at this, you'll have alot to learn, but there are plenty of people here at HP who are genuinely willing to help. I'd start off by reading the affiliate marketing hubs of sunforged, darkside, thisisoli and Mark Knowles. They'll get you heading in the right direction.

If you're already familiar with affiliate marketing, or marketing in general, then I think you'll find HubPages to be a fantastic venue. Should you have general site-usage questions you can't find the answers to, you can ask in the forums.

New to affiliate marketing or not, you may also check out the extreme hub makeover forum. There you can post your hubs and others can help give you ideas about how to improve it. Do this a few times and you'll start to get the hang of HubPages. You don't even have to post your own, just read the reviews of other people's if you want and you'll get good ideas.

Yes, you can make money, if you want to, can learn, and will put in the effort to get there.

1. Rafini profile image85
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Hi Pen, enjoy and Welcome!

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hello and Welcome to HubPages! smile

3. elayne001 profile image50
      elayne001posted 6 years ago

Best of luck to you! Money is possible, but not right away unless you really know what you are doing.

4. telltale profile image79
      telltaleposted 6 years ago

Hope you don't put your hopes too high up in the money making thing... firstly, get your affiliates sorted out first, and Adsense is one of the most difficult ones to get approval, not talking about the others yet.  Good Luck and hope you make alot of money in due course! smile

5. Sara555 profile image85
      Sara555posted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages!  smile

6. Denise Handlon profile image89
      Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

To: The Pen-Welcome to hubpages.  smile

working