jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Feedback please.

1. attemptedhumour profile image59
    attemptedhumourposted 6 years ago

Hi, I am relatively new to hubpages, not very computer literate and would appreciate any advice with my profile and 12 hubs.

I am in the process of writing a series of short stories emanating from the nags head pub plus other individual hubs.
    My name is Keith by the way smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image82
      Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay so I just read Nag's Head 2, and I think you can write.

My only suggestions are to maybe add a different picture to each hub, just to add some interest, and I did notice a couple of punctuation problems. Not bad, really, but one was a quotation mark, so that's why I mention it. You may want to group it with what I am guessing was Nag's Head 1. Maybe you did that. I didn't really look.

I don't think you'll make any money off of this kind of stuff on the web. Which is perfectly okay, just mentioning it. Good writing though, and you can still gain a following.

Welcome to HubPages, I think you'll like it here!

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Your writing is excellent, as PB noted. Check out your tea hub--your comments capsule got moved ahead of the hub. I thought your hub was empty!

3. Arthur Fontes profile image91
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

The school of life?

I really liked it .  good poem and good subject.  I truly enjoyed it.

I would add a pic so all your hubs do not show your avatar on your profile page.

4. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I read the Nags Head Pub.

Excellent writing.  It was clear, delightful, and enjoyable.  The twist at the end was great, although I would have loved to see him face his bar friends.

It kept me reading from start to finish.  That in itself is a major accomplishment.

Good work.   I choose to follow you and will read more.

5. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

The writing is excellent! The stories and poetry are entertaining and even educational. I have learnt some more English slang. smile
    I agree some different photos on the hubs would be good though! Well done! smile

6. attemptedhumour profile image59
    attemptedhumourposted 6 years ago

Thank you all for helping me with my new hubs. I am loving it here already. What a nice bunch of talented people you are. smile
    I have started to make the suggested changes, and take on board that these short stories are not going to make money.

With a response like this I'm sure I will love writing here! smile