jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

1. 0
    EMartinposted 8 years ago

I am a bit confused about the images?  Can you post a separate one for your profile than what shows up with each hub? Also, is it illegal to go to other Web sites and download their images and then upload them to your hub pages?  It is confusing to tell when there are licensing issues.

Thank you.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Many people here use stock photography sites like http://www.sxc.hu to get photographs.
    I prefer to use copyright free photographs, a few people don't seem so fussy. But, I think most Hubbers either use stock photography or their own photographs.

If you upload a picture near the top of your article, that will show up with the hub in the lists. Otherwise, it'll use your profile picture.

3. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I also use the creative commons search on flickr - but make sure u acknowledge the photo in your caption. 

Each hub can have multiple photos : just add 1 or more photo capsules.  if you have no photos in your hub your profile pic will be used when its listed in your latest hubs and other places.

4. Cailin Gallagher profile image83
    Cailin Gallagherposted 8 years ago

Don't know why...but I can't seem to upload a photo...say from morgue file...I 've even downloaded it to my computer, then tried to upload it.  I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I just learned how to put the pictures onto my hubs not so long ago.
      1)Click edit in your photo capsule
      2)Click on browse (this should get you to your picture files)
      3)Click on the photo of choice (this bring you back to the capsule)
      4)Click open
      5)Click download images
      6)now you can choose the size of the photo you want to ad (rem if you change the size to i.e. quarter size you have to updare)
      7)Check out all the choices border, no border, thumb nail etc.
      That's all there is to it.
      Hope this helps regards Zsuzsy

5. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

You can find some free photos HERE at HubPages smile

6. Cailin Gallagher profile image83
    Cailin Gallagherposted 8 years ago

Thank you Zuszy Bee!  I'll try your instructions for my next hub.  They sound like even I could follow them. wink

7. francetales profile image79
    francetalesposted 8 years ago

Sometimes the file size of the photos are too big to be uploaded, I forget what the Hub Pages limit is, but there must be one.

Many people don't realize that when they take a photo on a digital camera in the best quality setting the file size is enormous. If you were to look at the actual dimensions of the RAW jpeg data it is like 40" x 32" depending on the number of megapixels of your camera.

Your own media browser may size them down to a 2x3 for easy viewing but the actual size is much larger.

You can use free online photo editors or learn Photoshop, the granddaddy of photo editors, to achieve the desired size and effect.

When you try to upload a photo that is too large it generally takes a long time and then nothing actually happens. I did it once here on Hub Pages. It would be nice to get a message that says something like It appears this file is to large to upload. That way we'd know why it was taking so long. Otherwise I question my computer, my connection, Hub Pages, and a whole bunch of other things.