jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Can you help me indentify why this hubs score is going downward?

1. saleheensblog profile image61
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

I am from Bangladesh and not very well in English.I am always very nervous to post new hubs.But I read a lot of hubs by other hubbers.Recently wrote a new hub about writing well based on my reading,personal research and survey from my university.But the score is going downward.I am very disappointed.Can I ask for a review from you?
    http://hubpages.com/_1xi1g1a8xrx3z/hub/ … Write-Well

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A Hub must be unique.  It cannot be copied from anywhere else on the internet, even if the original was written by you.  If it is copied, the score will drop.

saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thnx Marisa for reading.But it was not copied though I have taken some tips from internet like what i wrote in AVOID paragraph .When I came here first I wrote 4/5 article by famous cut and paste method.I didn't know anything about residual income,SEO etc etc. After 3/4 week i understood what to do here and deleted all those shits.Now i put my hard efforts to write anything.And in the last 4 days i have improved my score from 7 to 47.Still i don't have an affiliate account as well

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Your poor English grammar and sentence structure (given that this is a English-speaking web site most often frequented by English-speakers and writers) probably has something to do with it.

3. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I read your hub.  I think it is not bad at all.   

Is some of your content copied.   It appears that some of the paragraphs are well written in advanced English and some are awkward with odd word choices.

Here is an example of odd word choices:

As a writer you can everyday.If you love and care your writing and

Here is an example of writing that appears to be far above that:

Be accurate and complete:use familiar words:avoid dangling expressions and unnecessary jargon.

The two writing styles do not seem to be the same.  This may be the reason for a lower score, the content does not appear to be original.

saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thnx SteveoMc for your research,you are almost right.But nothing is copied.I had a survey in my university about writing well.My friends and teachers helped to to write this article so there are several ups and down in writing style.In some cases I wrote what exactly my teacher told me like "Be accurate and complete:use familiar words:avoid dangling expressions and unnecessary jargon."
      "As a writer you can everyday" was not what exactly I wanted to write,it was supposed to be "As a writer you can improve everyday."It was a typing mistake.

4. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

The hub is well constructed - nice use of videos, you make some good points, but Relache is right, it is definitely the grammar that lets you down. This is going to hurt you in a few ways:
    - It makes it hard to read so viewers will not stay on the page long;
    - Google doesn't like bad grammar and so the hub won't get listed, and you won't get many visitors;
    - The hub score won't rise.

On the plus side, what you have written has generated some tempting relevant AdSense adverts.

If you are serious about improving your English and you hubbing, you need a grammar buddy - someone who can take a look at your work and not just make the changes for you, but explain why those changes need to be made.

5. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

If you are not English, may be you should not teach people how to write, may be you should tell them about your country, about something special,something they don't have in America, Canada, Australia, etc. What is different in your country? Poverty? Strength of caracter in people? Stamina? Or weakness and chaos and failure? Richness of Nature? There is always something in any culture, that could be very fascinating and useful to know for the rest of us. Then people will read and wonder and forgive couple of grammar mistakes on the road...