jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Links Capsule

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago

Good evening,

Could someone please tell me what the Links capsule is for? Is it for linking our Hub articles to our other Hub articles, or is it for linking to outside sites?

Thank you.

1. thooghun profile image86
      thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Donna,

You may use the links capsule however you wish, provided you abide by the TOS (I.E do not make your links overly promotional or inappropriate for general audiences).

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can use it any way you like!

I sometimes use it to provide a "For Further Reading" or "Reference" section at the bottom of my Hub, where I list reference websites or Hubs related to the article.

I prefer to do that, rather than link in the text of my Hub where there's a risk a reader will click on the link and go off to the other site, before they've had a chance to click on my ads!

You can also use it to provide a list of your other Hubs - but do be careful, it's not a good idea to list a bunch of any old Hubs because it can dilute your keywords.  Stick to listing your related Hubs.

3. nicregi profile image66
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Donna

Link capsule is for you to add links into it. It can be your own hub, or other people's hub you would you like to share with readers. Can also be your own blog site.

Hope this helps smile

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages Donna! smile

I use the link capsules to interconnect my hubs based on relations to one another.

Darkside wrote an awesome hub about using capsules.

1. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks,  everyone...

:::::::sticks head around the corner to Darkside::::::::::

Thanks, Darkside. smile