jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)

hubbers wonderwheel.

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image86
    BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago

I'm interested to know how other hubbers pace themselves for the long haul. I have been here 3/4 months and found it really enjoyable, even if at times frustrating, at the same time you are constantly learning, researching, writing or asking questions trying to become a better writer or absorb knowledge to earn more money. What are your thoughts, does anyone else think they have become "a mouse on the wonderwheel".

1. Pcunix profile image88
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been a mouse on that wheel since 1991.

2. gracenotes profile image92
      gracenotesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mouse on the wonder wheel!  LOL.  I wish I were talented enough to create a graphic of that.

Yes, my mind still has a lot to absorb, even though my first hub was published 9/10/09.  You've only been here a few months.  Trust me, it only gets worse.

The hardest part for me is figuring out what is the best investment of my time here on HP.  It's slowly becoming clear to me.

2. Pandoras Box profile image83
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

Yes! Lots to learn, and even more to do. Gotta step back and reevaluate from time to time based on what you've been learning.

But shoot, it's fun.

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

...no...but here's a mouse....that just keeps working...have a good day all!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/doggypaws1980/Animals/Animals%20GIF/spin-1.gif

1. Aiden Roberts profile image87
      Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smilesmilesmile

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's not a mouse. It's a hamster.  Know your rodents.

4. Aiden Roberts profile image87
    Aiden Robertsposted 6 years ago

I have been addicted since I joined a couple of months ago. I have slowly learned to be ruthless with my time as I would come on for 10 mins and still be here 10 hours later.

I now allocate time to each activity each day ie:

writing 1 hr
    promotion 1 hr
    reading 1 hr
    research 1 hr
    hub hopping 30 mins

can't say I stick to it but it makes me feel in control smile

5. Flightkeeper profile image77
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

I don't think you should pressure yourself Brian.  Just create goals and try to achieve it.  If you do great, if you don't, don't beat yourself up - you can always start again with something more manageable.  Ultimately if this is something that you like doing, things will evolve.

6. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Me on HP.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/3325590_f520.jpg

7. paradigmsearch profile image89

SomewayOuttaHere -

Your pic is an absolute classic. Excellent and outstanding!

- paradigmsearch

8. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

After four years of making Hubs, (...looks around...) I'm not seeing anything resembling a wheel on my end here.  Except for my computer mouse.

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
      paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is not an HP induced wonderwheel. It is a life induced wonderwheel. And you are on it.smile Yes you are!smile

Edit: SomewayOuttaHere’s picture certainly and accurately portrays MY current life adventures…

1. relache profile image88
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Given that I'm packing to go spend a week in the woods with minimal running water, no electricity, no phones, no internet, vault toilets and a solar shower, I find it highly unlikely.

Add to that fact that I don't have any sort of incoming television signal or cable service in my house, don't own a cell phone, have never owned a car and haven't driven in over 20 years, it's even more improbable.

9. paradigmsearch profile image89

LOL, concede.

Edit: I envy you re: the car, such a pain…

10. profile image0
    MyMoneyTalksposted 6 years ago

I'm a mouse on the wheel, I'm starting to get dizzy now!

11. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Help!! I can't get my computer mouse out of the wheelllllll....

working