jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the procedure for reporting a rule-breaker?

1. The Indexer profile image81
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

Is there an approved procedure for reporting a hubber who seems to be using HubPages for purely commercial purposes? I have just come across one whose hubs consist of nothing more than a link to a commercial website.

2. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Scroll down to the bottom of the content, where you'll find the ratings buttons.
    To the right of these, you'll see a link called "flag this hub".

Click this, and select the reason (and give an explanation if you wish).

The hub will be checked out, and appropriate action taken.
    cheers, Eric G.

3. 0
    terrygposted 8 years ago

Hello TI,

You will probably find its not really that Hubbers fault. There is a lot of promotion at the moment on forums, websites and ebook peddlers of the values of putting up a hub page to get some link juice.

I have personally read about five blogs today discussing link strategies and it includes submitting to directories, putting up a blogger blog, article writing and posting a hubpages page.

So based on that, the hubber has been misguided and once their actions are corrected by the hubteam he will leave and drop hubpages out of his strategy.

Hubpages does work in a link strategy. Anyone can pick one keyword, long tail the better, and be indexed within a few minutes and hit number 1 on G if the chosen keyword is right.

Basically I have been here for 4 months and if I wanted to do this as part of my strategy I would throw up the page, get the url targeted indexed and then drop the page as its been flagged. That means why would anyone care as it achieved the purpose of having the page indexed.

Its the nature of the beast and people will promote it and take advantage of it. My advice is not to stress over it as there is nothing anyone can do about it but hubpages team who will flag it in due course.

Dedicated hubbers do not like this I know, but its allowed to a certain extent, just like spamming in comments.

4. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I just did a little experiment: created a new user ID - added a hub about 600 words became a fan of the news user: new user now has a hubscore of 76 so  "his" links are do follow; sigh its really not that hard people to provide a win/win for both the user and the internet marketer!