jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

banners and other picture ads

1. JY3502 profile image79
    JY3502posted 6 years ago

I can use the link capsule.  But when I try to put a banner add or any ad with pictures I get nothing.  Maybe I'm not inserting ad code properly or in the right place.  Where does the code go?  Do I have to eliminate the tracking code?

2. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

You cannot use any type of coding in hubpages.

If you wish to sign up for or link your affiliates, you need to visit your account page and then click on affiliate settings. Once you insert your account number hubpages will automatically insert your tracking code into 60% of page impressions.

3. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

Hello JY, WryLilt is spot on here, it cannot be done.

The way I do it and it works well is to save the banner image and upload it in a photo capsule. Immediately underneath that put in a link capsule with the affiliate link.

When you publish, the two look the same, affiliate banner on top and link below. It seems to have a reasonably good ctr and of that, usually a high percentage of converts.

I am pretty sure that's what you mean and this is a small workaround.

The code is usually an upload from your computer as a jpeg.

1. JY3502 profile image79
      JY3502posted 6 years ago in reply to this

There has to be a way...I see amazon books and everything else on these hub pages. But there are none on mine  If I want to insert a strip column with lets say Amazon books, including price etc.  I can get the code from amazon, but where do you insert it?  Or is this done the way you explained using a photo capsule and a link?

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No JY it's done using an Amazon or Ebay capsule.

Simply copy and paste the URL of the item you want to display into the appropriate capsule and hubpages will automatically load the photo and details of the item. Or alternatively you can simply type in some keywords and the box will display a certain set number of items matching those keywords.

Anything you want to do in a hub can be done through a capsule. You may want to explore them - there are quite a few to choose from.