jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

Hubs #1 in Google

1. Csanad profile image52
    Csanadposted 6 years ago

I just finished checking the rankings of each of my hubs. I just copied and pasted the titles into Google. Here the results:
    About 20% of my hubs are #1 in Google (19.81% to be exact).

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you're hubs are keyword researched, that's great!

If they aren't - well chances are that doesn't meant much...

1. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wrylit just to understand this , if you copy paste your title and search you might end up finding yours on top of the list as no few people would have used the exact  title, so it doesn't  mean much ... that's my understanding..
        You may have to look for the keywords -  Is that what you are saying.

Csanadposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When You paste your hubs' title into Google, it doesn't necessary give results matching the exactness of your search query (your title in this case). To have results that exactly matches your title, you need to put them in quotation marks (see my hub about Search Engine Command for more info). When you have a longtail keyword query like that search engines weigh words within the search term, for example pronouns get less emphasis (unless you specifically emphasize them in your search).

1. sofs profile image87
            sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for that information.  I will check out your hub

2. WryLilt profile image86
          WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I generally put my keywords in the title. So if my title ranked number one on google that would mean I'm ranked number one for that keyword.

But if you use a browser like google chrome it shows results based on your history anyway.

3. relache profile image88
          relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is correct.  Searching your title is a fine way to tell if a Hub has been indexed, but unless you've got a lot of people using that precise phrase to do their searches, it'a a false positive for SERPs.

Now, if you use the most common two or three word phrase that can describe your Hub, and which is used by LOTS of people in searches and your Hub turns up in the #1 slot, that's when you have a genuine winner.

2. Csanad profile image52

My hubs are not keyword researched. I write about what I feel about (I have 180 future hub ideas on my pendrive)

2. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! I had a look at your 'African Grasslands' hub in my new toy, Market Samurai, and according to it, you are  already ranking #1, although google.com gives me a search result of #2. (I've noticed this in my hubs too - anyone know why there is a variation?)

That asides, your hub has a PR of 2 with one external page backlink, and if you change your very first line in the hub to use the keywords "African Grasslands" too, you will be perfectly on page optimized.

The keyword 'African Grasslands' has 217 searches daily and is potentially worth $42 a day.

3. snagerries profile image73
      snagerriesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats great to hear. What I know is hubs get good rankings in google because of the top domain ie hubpages.com which is highly optimized.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

I agree with WryLilt. For your securities hub--You do rank #1 for Place of Securities and Place of Securities and Securities Markets in the Economy, but no one is searching for those terms. There are keywords within your title (Securities, Securities Markets) that folks are searching for, but you're nowhere near page #1 for those.

3. CarpetDiem profile image78
    CarpetDiemposted 6 years ago

First, congratulations. That means google is aware of your hubs.
    But as others have said, what are the odds of someone searching for the exact title of a hub? What is more important is what a random surfer would type into their search box if they were looking for the information in your hub.
    Still, what you are reporting is worthy of a high five!
    smile Steve

4. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago
  5. thisisoli profile image61
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Hehe yeah the hard part is getting ranked no1 for what people are searching for!

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Or better still, ranked number one for keywords that attract 2 or 3 buck adsense ads each time someone hits your site!

6. Garrett Mickley profile image81
    Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years ago

It's great to be ranking!  A lot of my stuff ranks great, but I'm not getting the traffic.

It's great to rank 1 for keywords.
    But if they're keywords no one searches, it's useless.

7. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

lol #1 huh? roll

8. Csanad profile image52
    Csanadposted 6 years ago

I know that the titles themselves are not the best way to determine your overall ranking, but they, especially the more generic titles do give an idea about the SERP performance of your work here at HP. I chose to check titles, because, when you have over 100 hubs, it would take forever to check a couple of keywords per each hub.

The cool thing about my hub SERP is I haven't promoted them at all (except for submitting them to a few of the largest search engines). I just did some promotion to my affiliate link and my profile link. All these rankings are totally organic ranking.

1. Garrett Mickley profile image81
      Garrett Mickleyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well either way, I'm happy for you!

Did you know that you can go to your hub, then up at the top next to the "edit" button there is a "stats" button that shows you what keywords you rank for?

I've been with hubpages for a while and JUST noticed it a few days ago.  My most popular hub is getting tons of hits from google for certain keywords and I'm pretty excited.  I'm getting at least 15 hits a day on that one hub, which isn't a lot but it's still exciting!

I didn't know about the list of keywords. Checked it out. Thank you
        My most visited hub is my GMO hub, receiving little over 100 visitors a day.

working