jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Category Suggestion - Apparel

1. Whitney05 profile image65
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

What about a sports apparel subcategory?

A category which features clothes and accessories needed for different sports.

1. Michael Willis profile image76
      Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You made a great suggestion Whitney. Sorry if wavegirl and I mis-directed your thread somewhat.  But she and I among others have been asking for our NFL category for a long time and with no help.
      Maybe you could help. Seems you can get a response from HP when no one else can.

2. larryfreeman profile image87
    larryfreemanposted 6 years ago

Hi Whitney05,

Thanks for the suggestion!

I've added the following subcategory:

Fashion and Beauty/Costumes and Uniforms/Sports Apparel

-Larry

While you are at it Larry...I posted a thread before about adding an NFL category to the sports/American football category. It is needed. Thanks!

1. wavegirl22 profile image47
        wavegirl22posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I second that  . .

WE NEED AN NFL category.....

please!

I sent Larry an e-mail also. Seems we have no voice here. lol But...if anyone can help us, it will be Larry!  I am hoping he will help us.
          When I first joined HP I met a huge number of NFL fans and writers. But, now I think they have left HP. HP could be such a huge advantage for NFL football hubs if they were promoted as much as other categories.

Michael- You are so right. Hubpages has such an incredible presence and there is no reason that we arent more of a force out there when it comes to the NFL. . with the season underway I would hate for us to miss the boat.

I know what you mean. There are those here that do not understand or even care I suppose. (Since that is not their interest) But it is amazing at how many writers I have seen here.  My NFL hubs do very well with Google. All  my Amazon sales have come from the NFL hubs.
              It is an open online market. I have thought about just getting a domain for my articles, but it is so eaiser from HP so I continue to write here. But, if I could get a domain and website that Google would pick up as quick, I would do that instead. Seems Hp has not taken NFL writers as seriously.

2. larryfreeman profile image87
        larryfreemanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Michael, WaveGirl22,

An NFL category and a category for each NFL team have been added.  Once there are enough hubs written for these categories, topic pages will be available.

Cheers,

-Larry

Larry,

First thank you for our NFL category. Just curious, how many hubs do you need for a topic page?

Honestly just having the NFL as a choice is great. I do wish though that instead of creating each team we just could have bypassed the individual and team sports and been directly under Sports and Recreation. I know that is a long shot. . but now that we have NFL Football do you think we still need to be filed under American Football?

Again many thanks for hearing us and taking action!

1. larryfreeman profile image87
            larryfreemanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi WaveGirl22,

There needs to be at least 5 published hubs for a topic page.

I think that we need to keep the American Football category because there are more topics than just the NFL.  For example:

* College Football
            * Youth Football

-Larry

3. Whitney05 profile image65
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Cool thanks Larry.

And, I saw the updates on the other thread where you added the new football categories, but it was hard to see with all the other conversations...

working