jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Afraid of the 13th?

1. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Quick question:
    Do you avoid major decisions on Friday the 13th?

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Never, I am neither superstitious nor fearful.  It is a day like any other day!!
      Sometimes I wouldn't  even realize that it is the 13th.

2. PhoenixPoet profile image60
      PhoenixPoetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nah; my life already sucks . . . except for getting paid to write and getting enough gash!

3. Cagsil profile image61
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No.

2. Denise Handlon profile image89

Hi Sofs-thanks for answering the question. Good for you.
    PhoenixPoet--you're funny.

3. fetty profile image77
    fettyposted 6 years ago

Just another day to me; but I will not stay or work on the 13th floor of high rises. So...

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Denise I think you have stared two threads on the same lines.That's not so good I think

4. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 6 years ago

It's only a date.... Can't think of anything too terrible that has ever happened..

5. ReuVera profile image85
    ReuVeraposted 6 years ago

Personally, I like number 13. In Judaism it's a lucky number. My apartment is #13 (in Israel). And this Friday, August 13, I made a major decision of this year. It's all just your attitude.

6. Mama Sez profile image81
    Mama Sezposted 6 years ago

No,  I like #13, it's lucky number for the family.

7. Denise Handlon profile image89

ReuVera-I didn't know that about the #13 being a lucky number in Judaism. Thanks for that info.

Sofs- similar topic, but different question.  sorry if it is confusing. smile  You are obviously reading the forums closely, LOL

8. billyaustindillon profile image78
    billyaustindillonposted 6 years ago

I am afraid of another Friday the 13th movie does that count ..... Jason...

9. Denise Handlon profile image89

Billy-did you read my hub about the number 13?  I listed (13) movies with the #13 in it.  And, I agree about being afraid of that next Friday the 13th movie, LOL.  They actually now have 13! Over K I L L

10. emievil profile image85
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Not really. 13 is also my favorite number (Mama Sez, your baby is sooooo cute).

But then again, the last time it was Friday the 13th (August 13), I couldn't help but notice we suffered one setback over another that day. Traffic was awful, we could not find a taxi, my proposal was rejected and we had to cancel a dinner date with my brother because I wasn't feeling well. sad That was the only time when I could say that the number 13 was an unlucky number (or date) for me.

working