jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago

Hi again all,

I was wondering, do people have to be members of Hub Pages to follow us? I mean, if someone finds my hubs off of google or one of the other search engines, does that person have to join Hub Pages in order to follow me?

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In order to follow you (click follow ...) then yes they have to be a member of HP.

If the the case of keep 'following' on your articles or your posting, then the answer is no.

Hope this helps smile

2. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

To do the Hp version of following, yes.

To the internets version ... no

Many people subscribe to rss feeds when they want to read new stuff from someone or some site.

I think the stats show that most never bother to read after subscribing to something but they start with the full intention of "following" you.

3. 0
    ankigarg87posted 6 years ago

<url snipped, no self-promotional links>

4. mythbuster profile image85
    mythbusterposted 6 years ago

That is - you can have people "follow you" and look you up consistently and comment even if they aren't members of hubpages.

I think I have a few of these on one or two crypto-zoology (more correctly, crypto-creature) related hubs of mine. I think these are a couple of junior or young high school students who are really into crypto-finds and news. I've learned to expect to get postings to certain hubs about once or twice per month from what seem to be the same people posting.

Some of my university peers browse my hubs, as well, and will comment without having an account here.

5. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

As Relache said above, non-members can not “follow” via the hub Pages notifications ect. But it might be a good idea to add a blurb an the end of a hub with a link to your profile and the suggestion that non-members add it to their “favorites” list or bookmarks and request that they check back often for new work.