jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Am I breaking any rules?

1. TinaAtHome profile image75
    TinaAtHomeposted 6 years ago

I've written a hub about the dangers to look out for in a pedophile. I haven't published it yet, but there is a warning that ads have been disabled due to the subject matter.

Is it still OK to publish? I just want to make sure I'm not breaking any rules before I publish it.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago
      TinaAtHomeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's a great help, thank you. Does this only apply to Google ads? Can I leave my Amazon capsules in place?

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I actually want to read tis, I didn't know peadophiles had any real distinguishing features.

If number one is

1) If a man has his hand down your sons pants, then hse is probably a peadophile.

I will be very disappointed tongue

You can still publish it with ads disabled, but it wont make anything on Google!

Thisissoli I hope you credit me with more sense than that! In my city there was a tennis coach who taught for 20 years who was convicted and everyone was shocked, it was only when the girls grew up and reached their 20s that they had the courage to report him. He was such a nice person, everyone loved him, but actually that is one of the characteristics, kindness and persuasiveness.

If you read my article (if it ever gets published) you will see he fits the profile.

4. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Write the HP team to review the hub. They did that to one of my hubs on which ads had been disabled by the filter. HP team restored the ads.

The hubpages team said I can publish it with the Amazon ads on, but I've unchecked the <<contents meets the conditions of the google adsense policy>> box and it won't let me publish.

Yes I understand I won't get any google money for it, but having written it to help other parents, I would like it published if possible.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you publish it with the box checked, the hubpage filters will automatically take off the adverts.

That's what happened to me when I wrote a hub about chances of getting pregnant from unprotected sex.

That was approved by HP too, for adsense adverts also, although I think adsense has gotten stricter on all sexual content now. But as long as adsense adverts don't show on the page you don't have to worry about someone clicking.

5. TinaAtHome profile image75
    TinaAtHomeposted 6 years ago

I talked to the HubPages help and they said to leave the <<contents meets the conditions of google adsense policy>> checked and set adverts to <<none>>. I've done this and it's now published.

There are Amazon ads, but no google ads. I guess I know not to write on similar topics again. I just felt very strongly that so many people loved this tennis coach and were so shocked when the story came out, yet the signs were there. I hope it helps someone.

1. J@ps profile image80
      J@psposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You did a good thing.