jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

1. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I am struggling with RSS, I am beginning to get the picture.  I have been putting RSS feeds in my hubs.   I also have posted them to a variety of submission sites.

My question is this:  Can you make an RSS feed for your own groups?  I have several, but can't seem to make a group RSS.

1. wildorangeflower profile image62
      wildorangeflowerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi, you can check sunforged and edweirdo's hubs about RSS

http://hubpages.com/hub/Promote-Your-Ol … -RSS-Feeds

and using RSS as a backlink by sunforged http://hubpages.com/hub/RSS-Submission-Sites-list

SteveoMcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Excellent suggestions....I have already read those hubs, but your suggestion sent me back to them.   Re-reading  gave me quite a jar when the answer to my question war right there in front of me.   The first couple of times reading gave I got nothing, too dense.    This time all sorts of bells rang and I think I know what to do next.

1. raisingme profile image88
          raisingmeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well then I'm popping back for a read too because the same thing happened to me...I went so stupid on the subject I damn near started drooling.  Maybe knowing the answer is in there rather than hoping it is will give me a different perspective on my next run through.

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
          Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This Hub explains how to do it. You have to think of a unique tag for your group and add it to each of the Hubs in the group. 

Say my tag was "dance", the RSS feed would be:

Obviously "dance" wont do because it's not unique, so I'd probably pick "marisadance".

EDIT:  Oops, I see you posted while I was writing!

SteveoMcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Marisa Wright  Thanks for your simple explanation, I appreciate it, and I am now working on my hubs, hoping to post some RSS feeds that are finally topic specific.   I have been posting them generically, like categorized as 'Articles' or 'Miscellaneous' or 'Topic Specific.' 

Now with this new found understanding, I will be able to post RSS feeds with specific categories like 'How To' or 'Appliances,' etc.

I'm excited.  Thanks again.