jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Have you ever felt betrayed?

1. snagerries profile image74
    snagerriesposted 6 years ago

Have you ever felt betrayed and when do you feel betrayed? How do you deal with it?

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is shocking sometimes but if one goes with their gut feeling from get go they will less likely end up feeling that way as an outcome; because they would have went with their intuition and avoided that person from start. Or from even going as far as trusting that person in the first place. That would end it from  taking it to the next level of deceit.

Always go with your gut feeling, that hunch, etc.. It saves the day. We all live and learn.

2. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

all the time..........

Mostly in the work enviroment.  It happens all the time and especially in the present economic climate, where a dog eat dog kind of existence is common.

I did not cope with it when i was younger at all, but now try my very best not to take things personal, and get out of a situation before it deteriorates, i don't think i have ever benefited from hanging around thinking things will get better.  We need to be working on ourselves so much to survive these days, it is a hard world in many ways....

1. alternate poet profile image77
      alternate poetposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I got used to workplace betrayal really easily, it only took ten or twenty years!  Betrayal in marriage, now that took 30 years to get over.  And yet I am trusting all over again, perennial optimist or total dimwit - time will tell I guess big_smile

3. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

I don't get mad, I get even!

4. wildorangeflower profile image59
    wildorangeflowerposted 6 years ago

the closer you are the person, the more it hurts, have to move on and learn the lesson well,

1. snagerries profile image74
      snagerriesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It hurts, you heal and hopefully you will not hate, and move on... that's how i have dealt with it. It's weird because I had a big blow a year ago now and it's funny how the ones who betrayed me want to "love" me again.
      I just do it from a distance and feel so much better because I no longer hurt anymore by someone who had no Idea what love really means anyway.

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

I'd say the times when I've felt seriously betrayed were times when someone I should have been able to trust wasn't someone I should have trusted.

I'm not someone who gets hurts over that kind of thing.  I get disgusted "on my own behalf".   hmm  What do I do about it?  Nothing.  roll  (lol: )   I just learn the person cannot ever be trusted - EVER!  I guess I figure their loss of my trust is their loss, so I move on, smarter than before.

6. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

It's all a part of growing. I can at least be forgiving now and admit it, if and when I have done wrong.

7. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 6 years ago

Truth is you can only really trust yourself, since you don't know other people's minds like you do your own.

It is, like a previous poster said, a dog eat dog world. It's a horrible way to live - not trusting anyone - but at least you aren't disappointed and heartbroken by being betrayed. You're just disappointed and heartbroken from being alone.

8. snagerries profile image74
    snagerriesposted 6 years ago

I'm sure everyone has felt betrayed in one form or another and the one that hurts most, is when you deeply loved that person.
    Most importantly is what comes afterwards " The Healing or Recovering Process" which can take a long time. Perhaps, people don't like speaking about "being betrayed" b/c the womb is still open and the very thought of it still hurts.