jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Hub Assistance Please

1. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

It has been suggested by Marisa Wright that I post this hub and request advice from the community for possible improvement, so in the spirit of adventure and the lust for activity I post the following for perusal.

Background: excerpted from forum; http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/50380?p … ost1154768

"Just as an experiment, I did this to one hub yesterday the result so far is negligible with one notable exception, the individual hub score dropped a full ten points over night.

I would be interested in why this occurred…..

This hub as of yesterday was also a page 1, item 1, of 330K returns for the search string (emergency power cheap)"

Any input would be appreciated.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Honestly, I didn't read it. But I like the way you placed the amazon ads, how did you do that?

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

The hub looks and sounds great, but your keyword choices aren't the best. sad  You may be ranking #1 for "emergency power cheap," but no one is searching for it. They're not searching for "emergency power inexpensively" either.

It looks to me like you're trying to sell a product through your hub--inverters. You would have been much better served focusing in on the keyword phrase "200w inverter" or "24v inverter" (or maybe one hub on each?), as they get a decent amount of searches each month and the playing field on Google's page 1 is wide open for you to rank well.

That said, I would change a few bits of text slightly. You say something about how you're going to describe something in another post. Unless it's already written so that you can hyperlink to it, I would leave that part out. Use that space instead to pull at their emotions. I like how you appeal to their wallets, but you could remind them what it's like trying to heat a baby bottle, stay warm or keep the kids occupied without power.

I think you've got a winner here, though, with just a few more tweaks! smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What a fantastic and thoughtful piece of advice.  Seriously props to you for taking that kind of time and care for a fellow hubber.  That is very, very cool what you just did.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image75
      schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

May I ask, how you know what google is looking for?
      Is it under keyword tool?

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Can I just add that you are at no.2 in google for "emergency power inverter". Cheap or inexpensive are not keywords for your hub, but they don't detract from it either and may even induce the searcher of "emergency power inverter" to click on yours rather than number 1.
    "Emergency power inverter" is identical to "inverter emergency power" in keyword vaue ($19.40 per day) and number of  searches (33 per day), the only difference being that the one you have has 9% PBR as opposed to 3%, and the number of sites containing that phrase is 1,740,000 compared to only 42,900 with the words the other way round.
    I don't know what means either, so don't ask LOL.
    Why not just call it "Cheap emergency power inverter"?
    It seems to be doing fine - you've got a good hub there!

4. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Oh and according to Market Samurai, no-one is searching for either 'cheap emergency power' or 'emergency power cheap' and as keywords they are worthless. 'Emergency power' gets nearly 3,000 searches daily and is worth a small fortune, so no doubt competetion is high (haven't looked because my internet is far too slow - I'd be here all day!
    What do you mean I am here all day anyway??!! LOL

5. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Ready,

I liked the hub and seems to be a good read.

However, I think you could benefit from the tips Marisa, herself, gives on her hub that she wrote to help another hubber.

Also, Maddie Ruud just recently posted in a forum thread about keywords/tags....with a little bit of specifications....

(a) 9-15 keywords/tags for hubs that range up to 1500 words.
    (b) up to 40 keywords/tags for hubs longer than 1500+ words.
    (c) use more text capsules. It appears that you have used maybe 4 capsules total for your hub, and once you read Marisa's hub, you end up using more, as I suggest you do.

Your hub has 47 keywords/tags.

I hope that helps. smile

6. readytoescape profile image60
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions it is much appreciated.
    I will be putting it to good use.