jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Adding pictures to Hubpage

1. idreesfarooq profile image79
    idreesfarooqposted 6 years ago

Hi, i have a hubpage on seo tips for wordpress.I have 7 pictures in my photo capsule. I am not satisfied with the pictures placement. Kindly guide me how i can adjust them. I will very thankful to you.

1. Bimendra gun profile image65
      Bimendra gunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

edit photo before adding

2. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

There are basically 3 photo sizes available in a hub page: 520 pixels (full width), 260 pixels (half width), and 130 pixels (1/4 width).  The height can be anything you need.

The half-size and 1/4 size can be positioned to have text wrap around the photo.  Hubpages limits the formatting so that small photos are only right-aligned.

If you want a series of smaller pictures arranged a certain way, you'll have to create your own composite with your own photo-editing software (keeping the 520 pixel width in mind).

Also, if you're uploading pictures from your own computer, you should size them accordingly yourself, rather than rely on Hubpages to re-size them (you lose sharpness and quality, otherwise).

Here's an article you might find useful:  Uploading Photos

3. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

It could be a simple fact that as you've stated already, you have 7 pictures in one capsule. I would suggest using one picture per capsule.

It will be much easier to move and place pictures, if you have one picture in each capsule. You can re-adjust the size of the picture to work with whatever format or layout using throughout your hub.

HubPages is very versatile and can be shaped easily by the user. smile

4. Starfishfelix profile image73
    Starfishfelixposted 6 years ago

As Timorous mentioned, you are limited to the three sizes and as far as I've been able to tell, only a right aligned layout with the text.

One thing I've done with some of my images (postage stamp Hubpages specifically) is to set up a white canvas using Photoshop with the size I want, then after I've cropped, etc. the image, paste it on the white background.  This allows a bit more control over the relative sizes of different images (if your image is too small, it can get stretched and pixilated).

Photoshop is nice, but there are some excellent free graphics programs available - I'd recommend GIMP, a leading free open source program.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would add that there is a lovely book - available on line for free - that teaches you how to use the Gimp.  I bought the print edition; it is truly beautiful as well as educational.

5. idreesfarooq profile image79
    idreesfarooqposted 6 years ago

Thanks for all providing me important detail. Especially thanks to Cagsil for understanding of pictues and capsueles. I am now relax as I can not adjust my photos in my hub.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you place an image above a text capsule, then click the right-oriented arrow of the image capsule, the text will wrap itself around the image - the image moving to the right.

You can of course move images up or down by clicking on the arrows on the image capsule or by using the "rearrange" feature on the upper-right portion of the editing screen.

6. 0
    ankigarg87posted 6 years ago

Upload 1 picture in one picture capsule and then from edit and by using arrows locate the picture where you want.

7. 2uesday profile image90
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

It is a good idea to add a caption to the photo, it can be a basic description of what the photo is.

Also if you are signed up for adsense try to have the first part of the hub as a block of text and then you will get an ad. next to it. If you put the photo capsule there next to the text (which does look nice) - the ad. cannot go there.

I hope that is of use to you.