jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Hub Oversight Committee to the Rescue!!!!!!!!!

1. KKalmes profile image61
    KKalmesposted 6 years ago

I'd really appreciate some hub writing insights... my basic categories are; political issues, social issues, environmental issues, fiction, political satire, and some entertainment thrown in when warranted.

Thanx in advance for consideration...

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Insight. You are going to find it very difficult to attract traffic to those subjects outside of the hubpages community and your followers.

Therefore you need to be as active as possible within the community - leaving comments, fighting over political beliefs in the political forum, etc etc... big_smile

KKalmesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanx, Mark - appreciate the insight... it is a challenge when you write political hubs and serial fiction.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey KKalmes,

The Extreme Hub Makeover Forum thread is so you can post a couple of links of your hubs. You cannot honestly expect people to go through all of your hubs.

It's not really fair to ask them to do that, because no one actually has that kind of time to review all of them.

So, with that said, if you would please... post a couple of links for review and then I'll be glad to critique them.

The reason for only a couple of links is so you can make adjustments, as you get insight...if someone reviewed all 29 hubs and then gave you critique on everyone, you would be making adjustments into the next century. lol

Hello Cagsil, You right I should have been more specific and just listed one link from each category and suggested that which ever category you were more familiar and comfortable with you might read and share your insights... my bad for being so ambiguous.

3. SteveoMc profile image91
    SteveoMcposted 6 years ago

I read your sermon on Pakistan and found it well written.  Well placed photos, pleasing appearance. 

I thought that the center of the hub seemed strange like it was ending with a list of links and then it started up again.

I also thought that the content was unbelievable and pretty far out there.   I suppose you will find many followers who will also condemn the victims and warn the world of retribution.

Hello Steve, thanx for the insights... I wondered about the breakup with links being a distraction.

It was not meant as a sermon, nor was the intent to blame the victims and the warning to wake and smell the coffee was not about retribution, but a metaphor for choosing to be blind to the world around us until it affects us individually, but no matter... perception is reality.

4. Christoph Reilly profile image86
    Christoph Reillyposted 6 years ago

I think maybe KHolmes (Hi KHolmes) isn't looking for critiques on specific hubs, but general insights, some secret skills and discoveries about writing for HubPages that you gentlemen no doubt possess.

Hello CR, do you mind if I call you Tex... you look like a Tex? I appreciate your insights on my intentions, which were spot on. Guess, I missed the target totally this time.

I thought I was a better communicator than this...

Oh well, a try is a near miss and in horseshoes that still a point.