Spam in fan club messages

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

What's the prevalence of Hubbers recieving sapm in fan message posts? I had a slew a couple days ago, including one of at least 500 words.

Just wondering. smile

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It happens once in a while. But nothing to write home about(till now). smile

Warm Regards

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

It did not happen more than a handful of times ever for me. smile

3. amy jane profile image69
    amy janeposted 15 years ago

First time for me a couple of days ago...  I guess because it doesn't happen often, it doesn't bother me.

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

Thanks Everyone!

It WAS a full moon. LOL> smile

5. Dave Saunders profile image61
    Dave Saundersposted 15 years ago

It's never happened to me...maybe I shouldn't have said that. HEHE

@nemock

6. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 15 years ago

I've had a few lately.

7. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image77
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 15 years ago

Nope. 

But, I've had a few doozies in my comments box on occasion.  Religion can be inspiring at times.  LOL

I just got the worst one EVER by this creep "guessmyname" that is running around the forums right now.

Hope "it" is banned!  yuk.

Kathryn

8. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Yeah, this guy is definitely - ummm - unusual. I can't classify him so far smile

9. Stacie Naczelnik profile image69
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years ago

I get them sometimes, but noticed a bit more than usual this week.

10. ripplemaker profile image77
    ripplemakerposted 15 years ago

nope.  smile

sometimes in the comments box though ... it pops once in awhile.

11. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90

OK, sometimes it happens more than others.

I would never have thought  to spam in a fan club posting. Always something new here.

Thanks! smile

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Patty! I've had a couple of them over the past month or so but Angelic Stephanie left some 'spam-a-roni' on my fan mail two days ago. It seems so futile to go to all that hassle. Don't they know that the 'c**p' will be denied right away? I will never understand all this.
      regards Zsuzsy

Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years agoin reply to this

One was particularly cheeky - stated that they were posting to all their fan club members, and I was not even a fan. Probably won't consider so being,now. LOL

Ha ha - Everyone rated over 85 or so, watch out! LOL smile

12. pjdscott profile image69
    pjdscottposted 15 years ago

Judging by the expert hubbers posting, getting spam in your fan mail is a sign of success!

Ah, I wish...!!

hahahaha - cute and funny comment. Success is not always happy. smile

13. DJ Funktual profile image77
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

That's what I was thinking?   Maybe they spam the best people.   None for me.

Well, DJ, your Hubs are pretty entertaining, imo. You may be deluged with spam fan club messages very soon. smile

But, some may think they will get more exposer on the fan clubs top 20 scoring hubbers' - like a sales gimmick, do you think?

14. crashcromwell profile image66
    crashcromwellposted 15 years ago

Imagine me with my tail between my legs....

After reading several of the posts on this string, I have to guess that I am at least one of the offending parties. I had an idea recently to write a chapter of my novel as a work in progress. I worked in a museum several years ago where they had a house they were restoring and presented it as a work in progress, so people could come back year after year and see the restoration in the works. That was what inspired me to do this.

So I went through the list of sites that have joined my fanclub and whose fanclub I have joined. I didn't think that I was spamming, but maybe that's because spamming is a subjective term. What is considered spam to one person may not be to someone else. I should note, in support of that theory, that I have received several rather supportive emails from people who liked the idea. I perhaps naively thought that people would appreciate that I was re-visting their sites, since I suspect that a lot of people never go back after the initial visit.

If I have somehow offended someone, I beg forgiveness and pledge not to make the same mistake again.

Jim Henry
    aka crashcromwell

15. drummer boy profile image59
    drummer boyposted 15 years ago

nothing for me yet.

16. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Nope, nada, nothin'.

I've had a couple of insane comments, but that was a couple of months ago, I just denied them.

Jim Henry, haven't seen any of your 'work in progress'....can't you publish it as a hub?

1. crashcromwell profile image66
      crashcromwellposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's published....here's the link: http://hubpages.com/hub/Chapter-Eightee … n-Progress

I'm actually having a great deal of fun with this. As you'll see when you read about my experiment, I have gotten my evil villain into a mess and he absolutely has to get out. I know how I got him into it, but he can't leave the way he came.

Since I haven't got a conception how I'm going to get him out, I'm sort of winging it, and that's where the fun is. It's exciting to write a piece and experience the thrill of "learning" something just as if I were a first-time reader.

Jim Henry

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)