jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (22 posts)

Spam in fan club messages

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

What's the prevalence of Hubbers recieving sapm in fan message posts? I had a slew a couple days ago, including one of at least 500 words.

Just wondering. smile

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It happens once in a while. But nothing to write home about(till now). smile

Warm Regards

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

It did not happen more than a handful of times ever for me. smile

3. amy jane profile image83
    amy janeposted 8 years ago

First time for me a couple of days ago...  I guess because it doesn't happen often, it doesn't bother me.

4. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks Everyone!

It WAS a full moon. LOL> smile

5. Dave Saunders profile image61
    Dave Saundersposted 8 years ago

It's never happened to me...maybe I shouldn't have said that. HEHE

@nemock

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I've had a few lately.

7. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image90
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 8 years ago

Nope. 

But, I've had a few doozies in my comments box on occasion.  Religion can be inspiring at times.  LOL

I just got the worst one EVER by this creep "guessmyname" that is running around the forums right now.

Hope "it" is banned!  yuk.

Kathryn

8. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Yeah, this guy is definitely - ummm - unusual. I can't classify him so far smile

9. Stacie Naczelnik profile image87
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 8 years ago

I get them sometimes, but noticed a bit more than usual this week.

10. ripplemaker profile image91
    ripplemakerposted 8 years ago

nope.  smile

sometimes in the comments box though ... it pops once in awhile.

11. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

OK, sometimes it happens more than others.

I would never have thought  to spam in a fan club posting. Always something new here.

Thanks! smile

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image83
      Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Patty! I've had a couple of them over the past month or so but Angelic Stephanie left some 'spam-a-roni' on my fan mail two days ago. It seems so futile to go to all that hassle. Don't they know that the 'c**p' will be denied right away? I will never understand all this.
      regards Zsuzsy

Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago in reply to this

One was particularly cheeky - stated that they were posting to all their fan club members, and I was not even a fan. Probably won't consider so being,now. LOL

Ha ha - Everyone rated over 85 or so, watch out! LOL smile

12. pjdscott profile image75
    pjdscottposted 8 years ago

Judging by the expert hubbers posting, getting spam in your fan mail is a sign of success!

Ah, I wish...!!

hahahaha - cute and funny comment. Success is not always happy. smile

13. DJ Funktual profile image86
    DJ Funktualposted 8 years ago

That's what I was thinking?   Maybe they spam the best people.   None for me.

Well, DJ, your Hubs are pretty entertaining, imo. You may be deluged with spam fan club messages very soon. smile

But, some may think they will get more exposer on the fan clubs top 20 scoring hubbers' - like a sales gimmick, do you think?

14. crashcromwell profile image80
    crashcromwellposted 8 years ago

Imagine me with my tail between my legs....

After reading several of the posts on this string, I have to guess that I am at least one of the offending parties. I had an idea recently to write a chapter of my novel as a work in progress. I worked in a museum several years ago where they had a house they were restoring and presented it as a work in progress, so people could come back year after year and see the restoration in the works. That was what inspired me to do this.

So I went through the list of sites that have joined my fanclub and whose fanclub I have joined. I didn't think that I was spamming, but maybe that's because spamming is a subjective term. What is considered spam to one person may not be to someone else. I should note, in support of that theory, that I have received several rather supportive emails from people who liked the idea. I perhaps naively thought that people would appreciate that I was re-visting their sites, since I suspect that a lot of people never go back after the initial visit.

If I have somehow offended someone, I beg forgiveness and pledge not to make the same mistake again.

Jim Henry
    aka crashcromwell

15. drummer boy profile image60
    drummer boyposted 8 years ago

nothing for me yet.

16. Shirley Anderson profile image84
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Nope, nada, nothin'.

I've had a couple of insane comments, but that was a couple of months ago, I just denied them.

Jim Henry, haven't seen any of your 'work in progress'....can't you publish it as a hub?

1. crashcromwell profile image80
      crashcromwellposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It's published....here's the link: http://hubpages.com/hub/Chapter-Eightee … n-Progress

I'm actually having a great deal of fun with this. As you'll see when you read about my experiment, I have gotten my evil villain into a mess and he absolutely has to get out. I know how I got him into it, but he can't leave the way he came.

Since I haven't got a conception how I'm going to get him out, I'm sort of winging it, and that's where the fun is. It's exciting to write a piece and experience the thrill of "learning" something just as if I were a first-time reader.

Jim Henry

working