jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Why do people vote down answers even when they are meaningful?

1. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 6 years ago

I had asked a question in the question section of HP and just noticed that someone has voted down some of the meaningful answers. The amazing thing is it wasn't even about religion, it was about emotions. Why do people indulge in such behavior?

1. pisean282311 profile image57
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i agree with misha..meaningful is subjective..

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

May be they don't consider those answers meaningful?

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Some people will vote down because they can - I have seen a strightforward correct answer to a question (a question like: What country is Athens in? Greece) voted down before now

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think this is more like it, because the question was a straight one and the people who had answered had valid points. its kind of silly that some  people do things like that just because they can! amazing
      I didn't see anything subjective or unacceptable in the question or the answer.

4. rebekahELLE profile image89
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

because they disagree with the answer. I've had answers voted down, it doesn't bother me, it's just differing opinions.

1. sofs profile image86

I am not bothered when my answers are vote down, i have had many voted down in the religion section, I don't care if they subscribe to my views or not . But these answers were such wonderful comments on life written by three people and one un thinking person decides it is not to his/her liking.

5. cindyvine profile image87
    cindyvineposted 6 years ago

Some people are just negative and hyper-critical

1. sofs profile image86

That is true Cindy Vine, they love to spread some of their gloom every where with their critical attitude.

6. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago

The buttons are there for people to express their opinion, so they do.

1. sofs profile image86

mmm...  button happy...

working