jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (28 posts)

Newbie Question - Where does the score come from?

1. Pindowngirl profile image61
    Pindowngirlposted 6 years ago

Hi all

I'm very new to this, and have literally just signed up today. I had to stop part-way through my first hub, due to other work committments but have just come back to re-start work on it and am slightly bemused by the fact that on my profile a score is shown.

Bearing in mind that I haven't published the said article yet, can anybody tell me how this part-complete piece of writing has been scored and what that score tells me about my writing so far?

It would probably be a really useful tool for me if I understood what the scoring criteria was, but do you think I can find anything about it!? Well obviously not else I wouldn't be asking, I guess.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

1. profile image0
      ankigarg87posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hub score is to determine the quality of individual Hubs, much like Google ranks popular pages. Many factors contribute to our rating scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being our top score.

It is computed by following
          *      Amount of traffic - including percentage from reputable sources other than HubPages
          *     The reputation of the Hubber - your Hubber Score and contribution to the community
          *     The response of readers to your hub - including comments, thumbs up, etc.
          *     The uniqueness of content - copying content already available on the web will be penalized

I doesnot know exactly but according to hub pages this given

1. jasoncox83 profile image72
        jasoncox83posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep that is exactly right smile

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Your low author score is nothing for you to worry about, and the unpublished hub has no bearing on it. Your score will probably be low for some time, but that should correct itself within a week or so.

As for the scoring of the unpublished hub, they tend to start out at 50. If you leave them unpublished for a week or so, they may grow. Ultimately, the hub will get a score that reflects traffic, comments, the amount of quality content, ratings up/down etc.

You will find the information about the author score (hubscore), score for individual hubs, and much more in the FAQs:

http://hubpages.com/faq/

1. Pindowngirl profile image61
      Pindowngirlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's really helpful, thanks very much! :-)

3. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Don't listen to Website Examiner.. There is no more important number than your Profile score.

The score is the result of an elaborate calculation developed by researchers at HubPages University in Fresno.  This calculation can be expressed as such:

http://www.maplesoft.com/products/maple/features/images/math_equation_editor/math_equation_editor.jpg

As you can see by a quick review of the equation, there is only one sure way to increase your score substantially, and that would be to send me $10 via Pay Pal.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You forgot to carry the 7.  The funds should actually be sent to me.

1. Greek One profile image79
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm using the 'new math'.. there are no '7s'

1. profile image0
          Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't listen to them and watch your pockets, they both are notorious pick pockets and scam artists and pulling-your-leg-kinda-guys hiding behind their avatars.. To improve your score you just need to draw couple of zeroes on the right side. So if you have 26, you'll have 2,600. Nice score! You can sell it then and get good money for it. wink

4. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Who are you going to believe, Home Girl, or someone who has a Hub Score of 134??

http://advocate-general.com/images/Greekone.JPG

5. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 6 years ago

Hub scores are derived in magical process only known to the Hub Gods and the secrets are jealously guarded. Swift and agonizing penalties will be dealt out to any of whom are foolish enough to reveal the paranormal algorithms

Be careful they could swoop in any minute.

that's worth the risk for $10

1. profile image0

Why so little, Greek One? Ask for $47.99. It sounds more solid and promising, like the Internet opportunites they are selling right and left on Internet: " I was a restaurant worker and now I am getting $10,568.57 a day!" You pay $47, $97,  $27, $17 (what the heck, anything,please), for my opportunity,  you'll be earning the same. Yea, right.

Throw in a set of "free" Ginsu steak knives - just pay seperate shipping and handling.

2. Greek One profile image79

Ron and I are not money grubbers.. we just want to share our knowledge and raise some money for our favorite charities

Hookers and beer are charities?

They are both near and dear to my heart... and bladder

1. SuperCC profile image59
                SuperCCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL

2. readytoescape profile image61
        readytoescapeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good Point

6. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

Speaking of scores, whatever happened to our old friend #1?

Who Dat?

I forget his name, but his score always floated between 1 and 11 (usually 1) so that became his nickname.

beginning to sound familiar.. what was his main topic of interest?

The greatness of McCarthyism.

T Mason?

Yeah.  What happened to him?

In an ironic yet appropriately cruel twist of fate, he was wearing a Cincinnati Reds hat while visiting the McCarthy museum, was mistakenly identified as a Communist, and was deported to Beijing

1. profile image0

At least he will learn some Chinese, might even get a factory job over there.

working