jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Backlinks to your profile page

1. Your Knowledge profile image70
    Your Knowledgeposted 6 years ago

Does it really help your hubs to have a lot of backlinks pointing to your profile page? If someone searches for your topic the search engine looks at your specific hub not your profile page. Its possible that there isnt even a link to your hub on your profile page right?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are always links to several of your Hubs on your profile page.  Plus you can add links yourself in the text.

Like Peter said, the ideal is to link directly to specific Hubs - but if you're in a situation where that's not practical, then a link to your profile is much better than no link at all.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The profile page always has links to about 20 of your hubs, only they are linked images. I agree with you about search engines, but backlinks may also lead to direct traffic when clicked upon.

3. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

The more links pointing to your ptofile page the more powerful that page will become, that said the only term its probably ever going to rank for is your profile name. You can link to specific hubs from within your profile to distribute the link juice to where you want it.

IMO it's better to link to your hubs directly from related resources over a diverse set of IP's.

4. Peter Hoggan profile image86

Also keep in mind that each hub you publish links back to your profile anyway. Here is a tip you might find useful, write a few hubs that Hubbers will find particularly interesting or useful and they will do a lot of the linking for you. I have several hubs which have been linked to on a grand scale by fellow Hubbers:

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/se … &bwm=i

The hub in question has over 650 links from within HubPages.  The hub in turn links out to related hubs spreading the link love to other hubs I have written as well as my Profile. A well linked page is likely to earn more Adsense revenue on a click for click basis than a poorly linked page.

1. sofs profile image89
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Peter Hoggan
      I have a question for you, how does one know that their hubs are linked to by other hubbers. Is there a way of finding out?
      I am a newbie and don't know much so any information in this area will be helpful. Thanx!

5. Peter Hoggan profile image86

I used yahoo site explorer in the example above, you can find it at: http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/

1. sofs profile image89
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is very nice of you thank you so much!!

working