jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Update from the Gamergirl World

1. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 6 years ago

So! At the end of March I lost my full-time job.  That was no fun.  But, since March, with no new hubs published in quite some time, I'm glad to report that for the last three months I have made Adsense payout each month!  This is a big thing for me, both because I haven't been publishing, and also because that extra money is helping me out in my time of need.

I've fallen slack on the HubGreeter side, and for that I do apologize to all the newbies I've missed out on helping, but I'm hoping to get back into the swing of the Hubbing and the Greeting soon as life stops throwing me curve-balls.

To top it all off, GamerGent lost his job today.  How someone who worked as hard as four people with more efficiency than everyone else in similar positions to him could be fired by anyone with two brain cells in their head is beyond me, but it happened, so now I get to add THAT to the list of things to deal with.  Whee! Where's my winning lotto ticket?

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome Back to the Forums Gamergirl!! smile

It's great to see you again. smile big_smile

Sorry to hear about the loss of job and GamerGent. That sucks. hmm

3. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 6 years ago

Gotta check you out, Gamergirl!!

4. Kidgas profile image78
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

Sorry to hear about the unemployment issues.  It is good that you have been making AdSense payment each month, though.  Hang in there.

5. Paradise7 profile image85
    Paradise7posted 6 years ago

It often seems the best people are the ones to be shown the door, go figure???  Maybe they are too honest for today's business world.

Hang in.  I'll send you good thoughts, good wishes.  I'll just hope it helps.

6. gamergirl profile image60

Of course I post and three of my best hubs got taken down by staff within minutes. -.- Dangit!

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We're on it, Charlotte... Seems like one of our mods got confuzzled... sorting it out now, I promise.  Good to see you back!

7. gamergirl profile image60

WHEW! I was confuzzled!

I'm glad to be back in action.  Kinda lost my mojo there for a lil while, but slowly getting back in the act. 

Oh, and I'll be in you guys' neck of the woods next year sometime.. consider yourselves warned! tongue

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

YES!  Don't disappoint me now, you've got my hopes up.

Edit: BTW, my partner is an architect, and was out of work for 11 months... until my birthday this July.  It's hard, but it's doable.  And it is no reflection on GamerGent.  Just keep reminding him that.  Things are tough all over.

8. gamergirl profile image60

I'd be out there faster if you guys were hiring. ;-)

I'll let him know, too.  He's like I was - flip flopping between being angry about being fired for BS reasons, and glad to be out of the special little hell he was in.

9. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Hi GG! Glad to see you back here. LOVE the t-shirt!
    Sending you and GamerGent good job opp vibes!
    MM

working