jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Do You Still Employ Cursive Writing?

1. lady_love158 profile image60
    lady_love158posted 6 years ago

I almost never write anything by hand and when I do I print! heehee

I guess I'm normal! Do you ever use cursive writing, ie writing in script?

http://www.courierpostonline.com/articl … 4/1001/rss

2. Lily Rose profile image85
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Interesting article.  Most of the handwriting I do is lists and reminders to myself and I almost always write them in cursive - for me it's quicker and it is MY normal!

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

I still write in cursive script, but my handwriting and spelling have gotten steadily worse since I started typing so much!

4. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Nope.  I reverted to printing back in High School.  The only time I write anything in cursive (or semi-cursive) is when I'm writing out page after page of something, but usually not in my journal.

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Always in cursive, a habit  formed long ago but a one I love. Just love to write pages of poetry earlier now mostly my thoughts and reflections.

5. Chaotic Chica profile image84
    Chaotic Chicaposted 6 years ago

It depends on what I'm writing and the mood I'm in when I write it.  I'd say that it's probably an even tie.

6. 0
    Uma07posted 6 years ago

In lower classes at school we had this workbook  where we had to write a page a day in cursive.I enjoyed it and follow it to this day.

1. poetvix profile image87
      poetvixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I still write in cursive but I find very few can read it anymore.  Further, I type so much now a pen and paper for any length of time feels strange.

7. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

The only thing I write in cursive is my signature.

Otherwise, everything else is printed. smile

8. gracenotes profile image93
    gracenotesposted 6 years ago

I prefer cursive writing.  It's easier for me, especially when taking notes.

I feel sad that cursive writing is not taught in schools the way it used to be.  But, heck, I never learned to drive a stick shift, because the driver's ed car used an automatic transmission.  Wonder what I missed?

I have a feeling that people who know how to write both ways, but just prefer to print, are very intuitive individuals.  They don't need the obvious "connections" between ideas to make sense of the world.  It goes without saying that they are less linear than cursive script writers.

9. telltale profile image81
    telltaleposted 6 years ago

I still write in cursive, at the time when I can not find a printer and I need to write the words down, and so writing is the next best choice, if I want to have it immediately, and not wait until I find the printer. smile

10. Mighty Mom profile image91
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure you'd call what I write "cursive" -- more like a bastardization of stenography and cursive as executed by an impatient left handed person who finds it impossible to form ALL the letters.
    I definitely should have been a doctor big_smile

11. swapna123 profile image77
    swapna123posted 6 years ago

I started learning cursive when in second grade or it took a long time for me to learn it. Since then, i almost always write in cursive.

12. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Short answer-yes, absolutely. I love to 'write' with pen in hand and will send out letters or journal, etc.  Mostly cursive, occasionally print.