jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Writer's Motivation

1. Winsome profile image91
    Winsomeposted 6 years ago

Do you yield to the temptation to write about topics that will get the most clicks or do you write what you are passionate about and know is actually needed by the reader?

1. pisean282311 profile image56
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

balance..some topics i write for general people and some are write about ones i am passionate about..i dont write about something in which i am not interested though...like i write about movies because i like movies but i am not passionate about that..social issues , politics appeal to me more...and so on...

2. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I write what I love, unfortunately.  I need to have it from my heart.  smile

1. Winsome profile image91
        Winsomeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Nothing unfortunate about that--as Old Blue Eyes said: You gotta have heart! =smile

3. mailxpress profile image72
      mailxpressposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Winsome,
      I write about topics I have an interest in.  I feel writing what interest you makes writing more enjoyable and if I like it I'm sure someone else shares my interests.

4. profile image0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

once in a great while, mostly out of curiosity, but then i feel kind of icky afterwards, like with my last hub.

but almost everything i write about is something i am interested in, or really like. sometimes if i find something useful i write about it because it might help someone although helping people isn't why i came to Hubpages. i just have a lot to say, i guess, and Hubpages allows me to do that.

5. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I write about topics I know and am interested in, sharing knowledge and information that will hopefully be of interest to others.  I don't write full time online, so when I do, I want to spend time writing what I know best. I wish I had more time to write..

nice to see you in the forums winsome.

2. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

I just write so that I'm able to say that while I was asleep... people from all over the world had a laugh at the way I write and had to explain to someone else why they were laughing! smile

3. Rishy Rich profile image80
    Rishy Richposted 6 years ago

Hot Chicks smile

1. pisean282311 profile image56
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol and ofcourse your favorite peaceful hubbers out here ...

1. Rishy Rich profile image80
        Rishy Richposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Srry Forgot them...yeah they too! wink

4. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I write for money!

By the way cosette, I noticed one of your articles on my site is bringing in an increasing amount of traffic every day, you have to tell me if you start seeing earnigns from my site!

5. Mike Lickteig profile image88
    Mike Lickteigposted 6 years ago

I have to write about what I love.  I pay attention to what is drawing traffic, but I have to tailor that to my interests.

6. Arthur Fontes profile image89
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

I usually write about what interests me, I have recently tried to write an "AdSense and Amazon hub".  I just published it and I am anticipating if all the reading and studying on keywords and SEO will reap some rewards.

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I write mainly about the issues people come up with for counseling. Seeing people struggle with their lives motivates me to write.  I never write for clicks or ads. Sometimes I forget to include the ads and then put them much later.

1. Arthur Fontes profile image89
        Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I gave it a try and my efforts to this point have not provided good results.  I did keyword research and wrote a thorough hub using everything I have learned.

Views  almost zero.  LOL   

Maybe in time?

working