jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

September Update - And what will be the next 'big thing.'

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I seem to keep hearing about a big "September Update" by google which (on top of updating PR etc) they are planning to implement 'something' which will change the way searches work. Anyone know more about this?

And secondly, how long do you think 'article sites' will be the main way a lot of internet writers make money, or try to?

Do you think this will end soon? What do you think will be the next big thing?

smile Interested to hear comments on these subjects!

1. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Firstly, Google and Verizon have teamed up to form their own form of "net neutrality." Android is outperforming Apple in market share for wireless internet.  This means that Google and Verizon and any other entity that teams up with them to use Android can slow down the traffic coming from competitors. 

Secondly, 'article sites' like this one will continue for as long as they are earning money for the site owners. 'Internet writers' need to branch out and not solely rely on article sites. They need to have their own sites as well as contract with blog owners and the owners of other websites to provide content.  That is if they want to earn a living at it.

The next big thing...probably just a continuation on what we have now but streamlined to make pages load faster and more focused on the individual.

Mobile internet and a way to keep consumers consuming at all times is what is ahead....I think smile

1. sofs profile image88
        sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is good news livewith richard .  I will be watching this thread as this promises to be a very intersting discussion!

2. 61
    MaxSerafinaposted 6 years ago

I haven't heard anything about a September change. If it does happen, it will be like all other updates. Some of the small things might change, but the basics will still be the basics when it comes to keywords and ranking sites.