jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Is this how we got religion ?

1. alternate poet profile image64
    alternate poetposted 7 years ago
  2. alternate poet profile image64

The strange schizophrenic behaviour of most of the human race has always puzzled me - maybe we are actually two 'beings' in one ???   Didn't we 'get' mitochondrial DNA around 30,000 years ago or something that is now part of everyone and is passed in the whole messy sperm business thingy ??

3. alternate poet profile image64

Maybe that 'extra' BUMP in our brains that jump started us from monkey to moron, sorry intelligent species, is actually a fungus.  Maybe the elusive " I " of our self is actually a fungal desease, a kind of contolling athletes foot of the brain.

4. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

No.

The "I" was the result of human consciousness, brought on by evolution in the human species. smile

1. alternate poet profile image64
      alternate poetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It may be evolution - but it could also be infection of the monkey ancestor brain through the DNA in some way.  It would explain much human behaviour if we were actually a mushroom hitching a ride in a monkey LOL

5. alternate poet profile image64

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/8/17/1282044417594/carpenter-ant-and-fungus-006.jpg

The finding shows that parasitic fungi evolved the ability to control the creatures they infect in the distant past, even before the rise of the Himalayas

"The question now is, what are the triggers that push a parasite not just to kill its host, but to take over its brain and muscles and then kill it."

Apparently this fungus, that is still around, gets into the ants brain and causes it to go to low leaves but above the ground where the best environment exists for the fungus. It then makes the ant bite deep into the leaf vain and then kills it.  Neat huh !

6. alternate poet profile image64

Does nobody out there know of 'others' who are clearly mushrooms ?   Or am I the only one not infected and you are all ganging up on me big_smile

working