jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Question about Hub Content

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago

Hi folks,

I wanted to write a hub about marketing tips for self-publishers. I was going to name some people that I've recommended for marketing books, but I didn't know if it was considered promotional to name individual or company names. I don't have any interest in promoting anybody, just trying to be helpful and point people in some directions.

Peace,
    Donna

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Donna, actually recommending people is  a way of promoting their products if someone purchase from them.

1. 0
        Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I know...I just don't get any money or anything like that for it. So, I guess it's considered "overly promotional" then? I mean, I'd get flagged for it?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Donna,

You can promote anything you like, but if you are going to put links in your hub, then you cannot put more than 2 links to any individual domain.

It isn't wrong to promote someone's product or recommending it either, but would be "overly promotional" if you put more than 2 links to their domain.

I would hope that you are using the techniques or the product yourself, so your hub would be a review "type" of hub.

I hope that helped. smile

1. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Awesome, Cagsil. Thank you so much. smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. smile

working