jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Switching Hubs between accounts

1. Cordale profile image76
    Cordaleposted 6 years ago

So I am currently on my third account as I have drastically ruined my other two. However, there are 2-3 hubs on those accounts that attract daily visitors. Is there a way to move them over to this new account? or would I have to delete everything and copy over the informtation. And If i do this will it hurt its SEO ability?

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know what you mean by drastically ruin, but since you've only been here 6 days, it probably wouldn't hurt.
      maybe wait for one of the SEO gurus to give you a more knowledgeable answer.  if you're patient, someone will come along.

welcome. smile

2. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You should be aware of a few things:

♠You can have as many hubpages accounts as you want, as long as they don't violate ToS (by causing trouble in forums using multis etc). You can only have one adsense account.
      ♠If you've been banned on one account it's advisable to talk to the hubpages team instead of making a new one - when they catch you it will just mean worse trouble (don't know if that's what happened but something to know.)
      ♠Many hubbers (especially ones with lots of hubs) have several accounts - one account might be sales hubs, another humor, another informational.
      ♠Is there any reason you can't delete the hubs that "ruined" you? Or edit them? Both options are available.

3. Pandoras Box profile image81
      Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it's earning, I'd leave it and leave the account open. If it's not, but you wanna waste your time on it anyway, move it on over.

If you move it you lose all backlinks, aging benefits etc, so if it's earning let it be.

If it's not earning, and you honestly know it never really will, at this point I wouldn't bother.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

From what I have heard, HubPages staff is sometimes helpful with a request to move a few hubs from one account to another. Once moved, it will be starting from scratch as far as search engines are concerned. All inbound links will be broken.

3. 0

The effects of a banned account revisited:
    - All hubs are wiped out - there is nothing left to move.

Pretty bullet points and some good advice otherwise, WryLilt.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are different levels of banning, of the ones I've seen mentioned are:

Forums - banned from forums for violations or inflammatory comments for anything from 3 days to a month.
      Hubs - users can edit their current hubs but can't create new ones until they've proved they are going to write decent ones.
      Full ban - for users who don't just toe the ToS line but dive right across it.

4. 0

That sounds correct. However:

- Forums: There would be no point in moving hubs for this reason; in fact, attempting to do so might only result in a permanent ban for all accounts due to the new account being seen as attempted circumvention;

- Hubs: In that case, surely the hubs cannot be moved;

- Full ban: In that case, there are no hubs left to move.

I would say that moving hubs is not an option in case of a ban of either type.