jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Should each of hubs be updated frequently?

1. PierrePierre profile image61
    PierrePierreposted 6 years ago

So far, I have built several hubs, and the scores of them are not high.
    Someone suggested me that updating the old hubs may help me improve my hubscore.
    Should each of hubs be updated? Frequently or occasionally?

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Only update when you realise you could have written something a bit better, or to change your keywords.
      Each hub is a finished article at time of publication (or should be), but of course you can still change things for the better whenever you want.
      Google likes fresh content, so add a news caspule to your hub. I usually place mine underneath the comments capsule at the end. I don't really want someone to read my hub and exit via a news capsule story so I kinda half-hide it down there usually.
      The news keeps changing so the contents of the hub change in google's eyes.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Like Izzy says, each Hub is intended to be a finished article at the time of publication.  They're not like a blog where you keep going back and updating.  The only time it's worth updating is when you learn something new about Hubbing - for instance, you might learn more about what makes a good layout, or you might understand more about SEO now.

I suggest you post some of your Hubs in the Extreme Hub Makeover section to get suggestions for how to improve the scores.

3. nicregi profile image65
      nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi there!

Actually it depends. For me, I will only update when I feel neccesary. You can start updating hubs if there are new info or latest news that you think it could increase the traffic and make the hub richer in content.

Just my 2 cents smile

4. Rhysjc profile image60
      Rhysjcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Personally I think it's only really time to update your hub when it becomes outdated or incorrect. You could also raise your number of hubs by writing a whole new one if the old hub is REALLY outdated. If you find a new way of increasing traffic or something that you'd like to add to all of your hubs, such an RSS feed, then it's okay to update. Hope I helped smile

2. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 6 years ago

I agree.
    update hubs with good  and updated information that will add to the hub.smile

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Doing a keyword search and making the necessary changes seems to work for me. If the nature of the hub is such that  you can provide fresh information frequently why not - as in technical hubs.
      You may want to  try  updating a couple of them , check the results and decide on the rest later.

1. nicregi profile image65
        nicregiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Good idea sofs.

Actually I update tags more than updating the hub itself. Lazy me sad

3. Greek One profile image82
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

My hubs are like living organisms that must be constantly watered, and nurtured.

If you read them, you will also notice that I often apply large amounts of fertilizer

4. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

If you don't update them every few minutes they get lost in a cyberspace yikes

1. BDazzler profile image83
      BDazzlerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Misha, quit goofing off on the forums and go update your hubs ... now before they get lost ... hurry!

1. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Sir! big_smile