Has the Hubfeed completely replaced hubtivity for you?

1. Aya Katz profile image91
    Aya Katzposted 6 years ago

For a long time, if you wanted to know what was going on on Hubpages, with up to the minute current information, the place to go was Hubtivity.

Hubtivity used to be right up there where Feed is now, so it wasn't hard to find and use. Later, the Feed was instituted, and while Hubtivity still exists, it is harder for newbies to find.

The two are not exactly the same. You can advertise yourself on Hubfeed, by posting your other sites or even current Hubpages to be seen by your followers, who used to be called fans. (At least, I think you can do that, because I keep seeing the same Hubs over and over again in my Hubfeed, even when they are not new, and nobody new has commented in ages.) Hubfeed will let you see the latest comments on each hub, but it will not let you see the history of the older comments as they occurred, since older comments are obscured by newer ones.

I have found that the Feed is good for advertising myself, but bad if I really want to know what is going on. If others feel as I do, wouldn't it follow that we would post on the Feed, but check only the Hubtivity?

How does it work for you?

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Hmmm.    I don't even know what the Feed is.   hmm  (I can be amazingly oblivious sometimes.   hmm  )

I just went to that link you posted.   I don't know even know how a person would get to that, I don't think.   I guess I pretty much "live" within my own profile and "go out" to other people's Hubs and profiles from there.

1. Aya Katz profile image91
      Aya Katzposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lisa, do you mean that you never check general hubtivity or hubfeed?

I used to click on hubtivity every once in a while to see what everyone else was doing. It would report every time someone I followed posted a comment on any hub whatever, so this way I discovered a lot of hubs by people I was not following. I met a lot of new people that way.

Nowadays, I often click Hubfeed, but even though some of the information of Hubfeed and Hubtivity overlaps, it is not all the same. Many old comments are obscured by the posting of a new one. Also, people can share hubs with their followers on Hubfeed, so often I just see the same Hubs over and over again, even when nothing new has been added.

I am wondering whether I should use Hubfeed to share old hubs with my followers -- or will this annoy them? What do you think?