tags: a caution

1. barranca profile image78
    barrancaposted 8 years ago

I wrote a book review and made the mistake of also tagging it "music" because the book had to do with Bob Dylan.  At first Google indexed it properly under books and because I had read the book promptly and reviewed it promptly it was on the first page of a google search for that title and author.  It probably would have kept that position but subsequently, I think because of the music tag....it slipped way off the radar and could only be found indexed on about the tenth google page as "hot hubs....music".  To make matters worse if one then went to hot hubs...music  a reader would have to wade through 100s of hubs even to find it.  This process kills what might have been a lot of traffic to a hub and to hubpages in general.  Book reviews, to get traffic need to be prompt and timely otherwise they don't have a chance with google.  And they can't afford to be buried in the wrong category.   This is merely a cautionary tale about how hubs are indexed.

2. Lissie profile image88
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Tagging a book about a musciian music seems perfectly reasonable: however your hub will always slip down the listings unless you do a lot of link building and other promotion to keep it there