jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

The big wind-up has started

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

I have a ton load of work to get through today, no rest for the wicked even on the weekends. But I need to have at least 2 cigarettes, two coffees and a poke around my favorite sites like HubPages before I can get my head around starting anything that would actually put food on the table.

It is a daily ritual and although I work 12 hour days on average I could spend a lot more time on the job if I didn’t have the coffee, tobacco and HubPages thing going on. But I guess I need the stimulation and the downtime to stay productive. So here I am first cigarette and first coffee, 100 times more satisfying than any others I may have during the day.

I wonder how many others are out there are going through the same ritual - winding up for work. If I was non smoking and caffeine free I wonder what I would do?

So, how do you wind up in readiness for the day?

2. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Peter - that's the exact same ritual I have smile A few cups of coffee and a few fags while I have a quick look at my earnings for yesterday, check out the forums, my page views and the feed to see if I've missed anything interesting.

I'm on my first cup right now and my second fag is calling me tongue

I'm going to be having a few working nights over the weekend as I've got so much to do....aaargh! So I'll be back to the ritual at about 8.30 tonight, lol smile

3. sunforged profile image64
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Its 352 am here, you guys are discussing my bedtime ritual!

Cup of coffee, check the end of day at adsense (3am EST is 12am Mountainview, California time)

So cheers (shaky over caffeinated hand in the air)

4. Mark Knowles profile image62
    Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago

That used to be it. Now I have quit smoking - I have the same ritual, but without the fags. big_smile

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fab that you kicked the habit big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image62
        Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I impressed myself. I was hard core, but when I crossed the 45 year age divide - I really started to feel the ill effects that I had not noticed before. Then I watched one of my 65 y.o. neighbors carrying his oxygen bottle around every day and decided I did not want to end up like that.

10 months of hell - now I feel great. smile

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
          Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep, i kind of feel my time to stop is approaching, I recognise I am dependant on nicotine, and the health issues, breathlessness and  the morning cough are obvious, yet I still enjoy it.

1. Misha profile image75
            Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL We all did enjoy it - for dozens of years. But then suddenly comes a moment when you understand - now it's time to quit. Just don't miss it. smile

5. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

I have recently started rolling my own fags for health reasons, i mean, all that saltpeter can't be good for you.

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOL - they're definitely "healthier" lol

2. Mark Knowles profile image62
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I used to roll my own as well. Ah - the good old days. big_smile

6. CMHypno profile image88
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

I don't smoke, but am just about to get my second cup of coffee and start on the toast

working