jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What I learnt from a 30dc of Sales Hubs

1. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

I just finished my 30dc based only on sales hubs. Why? Because I'd been avoiding them for as long as I could so I thought it was about time to dive in the deep end. Here's some things I learnt:

♠ It's the keywords not the content that brings the visitors. (Applies across all hubs however.)
    ♠ You don't need to promote to get sales. I've had three sales already (from the 30dc hubs). One of those was on a sales hub I wouldn't have expected to do very well and only five days old.
    ♠ It's a lot easier to write a lot of hubs if you decide on a plan and layout early on (my later ones were all amazon products, several text boxes, photo, attribution text box then news box.)
    ♠ It takes time and effort to do a good sales hub. I plan to go back and do over a lot of mine. Yes, you can churn them out but to make them a little bit better requires time.
    ♠ I'm SO never doing a sales hub 30dc again (maybe a few at a time instead)!

1. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

LOLZ Loving that one big_smile

I never did 30dc at all, I can't stand group exercises. smile

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is my third - I like them because I work better under pressure (or drunk but we won't go there!)

2. Linuxaria profile image60
      Linuxariaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great suggestions WryLitt for the one that want to do sales Hub.

2. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I think your last three bullet points should be put up on a hillside in gigantic letters like the "HOLLYWOOD" sign.

Too many people come in to this world thinking they can throw up a "Buy HD TV!" headline, add a dozen Amazon links and sit back while the riches roll in.

In reality, it takes work.  Real work.  Planning, sweat, blood, tears.

3. Kidgas profile image77
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

Yes, thanks for the observations.  I have been considering doing a few sales hubs to get ready for the Christmas shopping season.  I might see what I can get done in September.

4. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Having a good title, is one thing, but like you mentioned key words are great. With my sales words, I try to throw in the keyword and phrases throughout the hub, even if it's only 500-750 words long.

I don't see how people are able to make hundreds a month on sales hubs with maybe 300 words. I just don't think that's enough to get the keyword displayed properly.

I'm completing my own goal of sales hubs, but not for the 30dc, but my own personal challenge. I've completed about 12 of them, and have 22 or so to go by the end of next month.

I've found the sales hubs are pretty easy to write, once you've found the right products and whatnot.

5. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Good on you Oz... You earned a break... grab your snorkle and swim over for a beer! smile

6. Sweetsusieg profile image83
    Sweetsusiegposted 6 years ago

How does doing a 30DC help?  I've put in over 40 Hubs in 5 weeks (today) not seeing a lot of traffic but getting more each day.  I hit my 1000 views mark 1 week ago and am almost to 2000 now, so yep I am doing better... 

Some of my Hubs are a bit wordy, I have been trying to make them at least 1000 words.  My recipes... well that is another story, with those I try to put 2 in one so it has more content.

Any ideas, advice or info would be greatly appreciated!!