jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Suggestion - A downloadable template that you could upload!!

1. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

Im in an area which has limited internet access at the moment, but would like to keep writing. Having a downloadable template would be a fantastic help for this!! I could do my hubs and have them ready to upload the minute I get to a good internet area.

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Many hubbers write their hubs in word before they upload them so they have a permanent offline backup copy.

Why not just do that?

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Ive always wanted to make this suggestion also.

A big downside is that this would be the type of functionality that could be easily adapted by spammers etc and used to easily upload massive amounts of content.

So I imagine, it wont happen.

I want the function as an HP writer but if I was a HP owner I would not take the risk of the extra work it might create for me.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The above is a most serious issue.

When you start a new Hub, you have the option to copy the template and capsule layout of one of your already-existing Hubs.  I find this works quite admirably.

4. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I also use a word file to write my hubs - proofread and separate it into usable blocks of text for text capsules.  I add the urls for videos, photos, links etc.  and get it as close to how I want it as I can - then lay out all the capsules I will need and cut and paste.  It goes very quickly this way and I have everything (except photos from my own computer) all ready to upload.  Sometimes I do a last proofread just to make sure I haven't made anymore mistakes while it is in PREVIEW before I publish it.

1. salt profile image65
      saltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

you are so organised!!!!

5. WoodsmensPost profile image64
    WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago

Thats a good idea but the question is couldn't someone then use it to upload it to their own webpage virtually stealing the format? I'm not sure but its possible.

6. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

There are many ways that a Hub can be made different and made to stand out. Take more advantage of things like the Youtube videos or links or graphics or photos or artwork. I have been experimenting with the look of some of my hubs lately, and my rating went up slightly!

The idea of having templates is curious however. I wonder are there ways of adding more to Hubs in other ways? Would people like to have more control over Fonts and their appearance, for example? Or templates that had different arrangements for adverts on the hubs as they appeared? Like being able to choose the size of the ads on our pages?? Just wondering what people think about that. Sorry if I am getting off the point here a wee bit.

7. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Actually I would really like the idea of a downloadable Hub App which could be linked to your account, saved local copies of your work, etc.

1. salt profile image65
      saltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree, I only found the want for it when I could not access the internet from where I was due to being in a no internet zone. What you describe is good.

8. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

I'd be happy if I could do Hubs from my iPad :-(

An XML template would be easy enough (yes, I realize 90% or more have no idea what that means)

Something like

My wonderful hub
    a hub tag
    another tag
    blah blah
    <photo full>
    blah blah