jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

are you addicted (want) 10 comments or more per day?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image74
    schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago

I am :-O

when it gets to be 50 per day I'll prob be tired. will it? :-)

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

It depends on the topic. Generally new hubs will get comments from other hubbers because they feature on the new hubs and hub hopper.

After that, either you'll get random comments from other hubbers browsing or comments from search engine traffic. However unless you have a really good hub OR you write on a controversial topic, don't expect to get tons of comments for the life of your hub.

3. profile image69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

Might as well face it, I'm addicted to....................

schoolgirlforrealposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile

4. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

I get around that figure but sometimes feel guilty about my responses just being a Thank you to whoever it was but often there's not a lot more to be said. I do think it's important to post a response to all the comments though as a matter of politeness!

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have trouble making responses sometimes. I always want to reply and at least say thanks, even if I have nothing else to add, but how does that look to the search engine visitor? I worry about that. I think if they read the hub and see people posting nice comments, and the hub author replying with things like 'thanks for stopping' or 'thanks for commenting' then it looks as if the author has run out of steam. On the other hand, if the comments start wandering into friendly territory like 'is your granny getting any better?', then it looks like a private members club. Keeping the momentum going on the subject matter can be difficult at times.

good point!

2. PrettyPanther profile image84
        PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm curious about something.  When I am searching for information on the internet and land on an article with the info I need, I almost never read the comments.  I find the information and move on.  Is that typical, or is that just me?

I think I do that too, but I've never searched and come to a hub page...well maybe (the first time I was on hubpages....yeah...and came up w/ my name...well I did read the comments that time -prob cause hubpages is set up in such a way- but I wanted to know what other people thought or had to say on the topic- so yes I did and even posted my response.  with hubpages, I think the comments add to and are part of the answer!

5. nicregi profile image65
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

I love to see comments in my hubs on daily basis. Currently, I am getting about 5 comments a day.

Actually I don't have a target on a daily basis but comments are always welcome since I can know where I stand and if the hub is really good smile

1. profile image0
      sarahsherlockposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How many hubs do you have though and are the comments on new hubs?

6. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I think at some point, authors need to weigh their comments. some of them are simply responding so that their hub has many comments, but over half of them are their own. when I see a hub like that, I don't leave comments anymore and who wants to read through 300 comments? hmm

it's nice to receive a genuine comment, but I'm not addicted..  I try to respond with a few at a time in the same message, so I don't have too many.

PP, you're right. I never read comments when I'm searching. I usually don't read them here either when I go to someones hub.

7. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

I always read the comments on things I read, including other hubs.  Often some of the best information can be found there.  It's sort of sad to say, but I have a hub that gets quite a few comments from non-hubbers and it has grown so much that the comment content far outweighs the length of the hub itself.  However, the comments are very beneficial from someone wishing to read on the topic.

So, in that respect, the content is now being written by others with comments by me sprinkled in.

:-)

8. ggerner profile image61
    ggernerposted 6 years ago

10 comments per day? Wow, my hubs must be really boring. Ah, but again my blog is called "Boring Bedtime Stories" (Bella & Fella). Hmmmm. smile

I actually get 0-3 on average a day....

Boy would I love more!

peace :-)

working