jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

Second hub that google will not index!!!

1. PurpleOne profile image90
    PurpleOneposted 6 years ago

I am still pretty new to this, just signed up for Amazon a few days ago and decided to write some sales hubs to see how it goes. One of my better ones in my opinion, google will not index!! It is about Stimulashfusion.

It's frustrating because this is my second hub so far that google will not index (the other one is called "Nova Scotia Resorts.."). I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I wish that I would know that google will not be indexing my hubs BEFORE I write them so I can spend my time on something it will index instead.

Thanks much in advance for any advice!!

1. Ivorwen profile image85
      Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Indexing is not always immediate.  It can take time, and sometimes an article is indexed, then disappears for a while. 

Plus, just because you can't find it through Google does not mean that other can't.  And there are other search engines.  I don't know how long this hub has been published, but I would be patient.  Some subject matter takes longer than others to be recognized.

PurpleOneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ivorwen, I wasn't aware that some subject matter takes longer than others to be recognized by google. I will keep this in mind. Thanks!

1. brakel2 profile image88
          brakel2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I bought an SEO book that helped me a lot. I think it is by Michael Miller for about $14.00. It is a book for idiots so very simple. I read it over and over, but I am not an expert. It may help you.

2. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey smile It can take a while to get indexed, but to help things along do a ping (it works for me). I usually use pingates.com or pingoat.com.

Google is on the list of sites that will get a nudge about your new page.

Hi Susana S, I used pingates.com like you suggested and it worked for 1/2 of my non-indexed hubs! I really didn't know about this and will try it in the future if this happens again. Thanks so much!

2. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

You wrote this hub two days ago. Give it time! big_smile Google has super-intelligent methods of calculating what pages they index quickly and what ones the don't. Typically, certain categories take longer to index because of the content, when they are highly competitive. Also, I find that "Amazon hubs" usually take a bit longer to index. Of course there are exceptions to these observations, but my own anecdotal experiences have led me to believe that is usually what happens.

Anyways, your hub should eventually index and then it may de-index and re-index again, dependent on Google's algorithms.

If you aren't in the practice of adding backlinks (I don't do really do this, but many do!), then most hubs will index and begin to rank higher as time goes on. My guess is that this is due to internal backlinking, which happens automatically within Hubpages.

If you haven't already, then you MUST learn SEO to be successful on Hubpages, or anywhere online. (This plays a huge factor in indexing and ranking well). There is a wealth of information on here that will help you earn more money and it's free! I suggest you go and read some SEO hubs. big_smile

Good luck!

girly_girl09, you're probably right that I wasn't patient enough! Thank you for all your input. I agree that I have to learn more about SEO. You're right that there's a ton of information on here about it but there's only so much that I can absorb at one time! Thanks again!

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Google can only keep so many pages indexed out of the billions on the web. You'll also find some pages get de-indexed and then re-indexed at various times.

Did you do keyword research or see if it's actually something google has visitors to send to?

If you're really desperate for an index try tweeting it on twitter as well as submitting it at a pinging site like pingler.

Don't worry, I have over 150 hubs and some of them have just never gotten google traffic. No matter how hard you work, some hubs, for some reason or another, will be flops.

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Google indexes about 300 Billion pages(i.e. websites/blogs/hubs) out of almost 1 Trillion pages. lol lol

2. PurpleOne profile image90

Thanks, Wrylilt. Yes, I have just started doing some keyword research and I do try to write about topics that people actually search about but without too much competition because I know I can't compete.

Thanks for your help and input!

4. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Posting the link in a forum won't hurt either. Please note that you're only supposed to do that in the hub makeover forum - not elsewhere. We'd all love to have links to our hubs here. Actually two years is long enough to know the rules.

Sorry, I completely forgot that! I joined here two years ago but only wrote my first hub ten months ago and have come here off and on since then, not really getting that far. Please remember that someone who joined two months ago and who spent a lot of time trying to figure out HP might actually know a lot more than someone who joined two years ago. Obviously you know way more than I do. Sorry! sad

I just took the link off, Nelle. Not trying to break the rules or anything.