jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Advise please

1. FindMyTeenFashion profile image61
    FindMyTeenFashionposted 6 years ago

I would really appreciate some advise on making my hubs better.  Please do not hold back, I have thick skin.  Thanks.

1. JY3502 profile image80
      JY3502posted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Back to School shopping guide has good content.  However, a bullet list is not the most attractive format for an article.  Paragraphs with good transitions between them would be better.  Also, notice the use of your words you and your.  Overuse of any word tires your reader and and they lose interest due to lack of imagination.  Find other ways to convey the same message.  A thesaurus is very useful in accomplishing this.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

The Technology Takeover is a very interesting and well-written article. You need to do another round of careful proofreading, as I found at least 3 minor grammatical errors.

I noticed that you had received two comments a little while back, and not responded to either. If feedback and followers are important to you, responding to comments is a good idea.

For your information, you are allowed to post links on this particular forum. It is easier to provide feedback if you specify one or a few hubs that you want critiqued.

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Your hubs are well-written, informative and an easy read.

Just make sure to break up your text into at least 2 to 3 text capsules to allow for additional AdSense ads, and try not to start out a hub with a huge full-width picture. Pictures really should come later in the text--2nd text capsule or later.

Your best AdSense placement is going to be the 300x250 rectangle that falls to the right of the first text capsule. When you put photos there, you lose that space.

So all in all, just be more careful with photos, and keep on doing what you're doing! smile

4. FindMyTeenFashion profile image61
    FindMyTeenFashionposted 6 years ago

Thank you all for your advise, it very appreciated.

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. One final thing:

"Advice," my dear. When you give "advice," then you "advise" them. I advise you to spell advice correctly, if you get my meaning.