jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Exciting New Changes For Adsense Ads

1. TerryGl profile image60
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

I for one am very excited about Google introducing the new advertisements ad boxes that are achieving amazingly high click thru rates.

Google has changed the look of their 728 x 90, 300 x 250 and 336 x 280 AdSense ad units.

If you have not seen them yet, check out your adsense account.

This is what they look like http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YbURk67VlGk/TFxbZ0HTqPI/AAAAAAAABMk/Y_eoRSMYQHc/s400/all_units_en.JPG

1. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the heads up, going to check it out and start the week out right! 

Thank You!  smile

2. Gina Coole profile image86
    Gina Cooleposted 6 years ago

Thanks for this - I'll check it out!

3. andromida profile image74
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the info,yet to check this out.

4. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

Looked in my adsense account. Sorry to be dense but... what am I looking for? My page adverts appear the same...

Edit: Ooops the image you posted didn't load on my page at first. big_smile

1. TerryGl profile image60
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry about that, I edited the thread to include the images. I must have done it as you were posting.

1. WryLilt profile image87
        WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ah yes that makes sense. Haven't seen them appear as of yet on my hubs.

However why do these get a higher CTR? They are a bit cleaner but otherwise not a lot different?

1. sofs profile image86
          sofsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I dint understand the excitement either...I  may be not at my brightest, how is it different?

1. Mrvoodoo profile image59
            Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The leader-board unit is completely different, it almost now looks like an extended link unit rather than the ads side-by-side (as it was before).  While as far as I can see with the two square/rectangle units the URL has moved from beneath the text up to the right of the title (not much difference).

The leader board could be interesting. I wouldn't expect much change from the other two.  But I could be missing something.  I guess it could make them stand out again a little more for those internet users who have become ad blind.

5. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I have noticed these on blogs.  They have definitely caught my eye, but I thought maybe it was just the new format.

6. Richieb799 profile image64
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

I agree with MrVoodoo, I can see the change in the leader board but the other two ads look rather similar to the previous ones.

7. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I assume Google is making these changesf or a reason, if they earn me more, then I am all for them!

8. Cookarelli profile image61
    Cookarelliposted 6 years ago

I do believe this may help with CTRs as anything that the eye doesn't normally see on the web will attract attention. I'll try it out for sure. Thanks for the info!